• The KillerFrogs

Coach Patterson mother passed last week.!

Fort Frog

Newy on channel five just reported that coach Ps mother passed a few days after the Iowa St. game. He saw her for the last time a few days prior. Keep him in your prayers. He seemed ok talking about in press conference. If he seemed a little distracted the last few weeks maybe this is why. We don’t always know what’s going on in a persons personal life. I’m sure some out there knew this and respected his privacy. Good and loyal friends indeed!

Virginia Frog

I had a grand hour-plus chat with her after the AFA game in CS 2011. She was so impressed that I came "all the way" from Virginia to see the Frogs. She took me over to Gary and vouched for my Frog-ness just before the team got on the bus to the airport.

Then we, my brother, GP's Dad and sister/brother-in-law talked and laughed at their car for at least another half-hour. They were driving all the way back home to Kansas and it was already about 6pm so for them to hang tells me that our interaction was satisfying. We both expressed the hope that we'd "run into" each other again with TCU scheduled to go to the BigEast in 2012 and they'd come to my part of the country. I'm sorry that it never happened.

She reminded me a bit of my aunt from NY City - extremely verbal and genuinely positive. GP was lucky to have a mom like that!

(When I struck up the conversation with GP's mom, I had no earthly idea who she was. I assumed she was just a random TCU person like me. I was floored when she took me over to Gary.)

Ron Swanson

I had a grand hour-plus chat with her after the AFA game in CS 2011. She was so impressed that I came "all the way" from Virginia to see the Frogs. She took me over to Gary and vouched for my Frog-ness just before the team got on the bus to the airport.

Then we, my brother, GP's Dad and sister/brother-in-law talked and laughed at their car for at least another half-hour. They were driving all the way back home to Kansas and it was already about 6pm so for them to hang tells me that our interaction was satisfying. We both expressed the hope that we'd "run into" each other again with TCU scheduled to go to the BigEast in 2012 and they'd come to my part of the country. I'm sorry that it never happened.

She reminded me a bit of my aunt from NY City - extremely verbal and genuinely positive. GP was lucky to have a mom like that!

(When I struck up the conversation with GP's mom, I had no earthly idea who she was. I assumed she was just a random TCU person like me. I was floored when she took me over to Gary.)
Very cool story

She sounds like an awesome lady

Condolences, Gary

Mean Purple

Prayers for he and his family. Obviously we want healing for him and realize that at the same time, he has to be father to a lot of young men. Keep him in your prayers and let's respect the family's privacy during this time.

Virginia Frog

FW S-T article on Wed Oct 10:

His father, Keith W. Patterson, passed away at age 82 from a bout with cancer on January 20. His mother, Gail Patterson, passed away at age 81 last Thursday. His mom’s funeral is Friday in Larned, Kansas.

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article219737800.html

And From DFW NBC Station:
"Most people, if they knew their parent was going to pass away in a couple of days, they would've stayed," Patterson said. "She (said), 'I don’t want you to get beat by Texas Tech. You need to get back. You need to get prepared. This is the way we do things.'"

WOW, what an awesome lady who really had the "FROG FACTOR!"

Sorry to Gary & his family - his Mom & Dad left him with a wonderful legacy.

Last edited:

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Sure hope TCU winds up the Twin Beech for GP to fly right in, seems the right thing we could do especially with the timing & tight window given our game Thursday.