• The KillerFrogs

COACH P - Get this thru your head NOW !! On Defense, a 3 man rush DOES NOT WORK !!

A 3 man rush DOES NOT WORK Coach !! It has never worked at any level of football. STOP IT !!

Have you noticed by now Coach, that the opposing teams QB has all day back there to find an open WR to throw to when you rush 3 and drop 8 ? Against TCU in obvious passing situations, opposing QBs could have a picnic back there before they throw.

TCU is dead last in the B12 in defense against 3rd and long conversions by opponent. DEAD LAST !!

COACH P - Any idea why this is happening pardner ? IT IS BECAUSE YOU RUSH 3 and DROP 8 !!
No defense can cover WRs forever Tonto !!

I don't care if you rush 1 and drop 10 WRs are going to get open eventually. Cant cover them indefinitely Einstein. A Head Coach should know this basic fact.

BEST WAY TO LOSE TO OKLAHOMA (and many others) = Rush 3 and give RATTLER all day to find an open WR (and he will find one eventually with virtually no pass rush from TCU). Only way to beat a team like that is to make the QB jumpy. Rush 4, then also send a CB on a blitz. Rush 4 and then send a safety on a blitz. Opposing QB has no idea from one play to another where the rush is coming from this time. He gets jumpy, he gets creamed a time or two and you put some fear and uncertainty in his mind. He gets "happy feet" and throws too soon which produces interceptions.

Does TCU do this? Noooooo. Patterson believes in dropping 8 in coverage and he is stubborn about this. Which is why we see opposing teams with WIDE OPEN WRs in every single game, while TCUs WRs can't get any separation at all, and DUGGAN has literally 2 seconds to throw or be sacked (because other B12 coaches are not stupid enough to rush only 3 guys).

rant over....i feel better now.

In every single loss so far this year, there have been TD passes by opponents whereby the opposing QB had more than 10 seconds in the pocket to throw the TD pass. Every game we lost !! Every single one !!

If I gave you as an adult the assignment to cover a 4th grader for 12 seconds you couldn't do it that long. You could do it for maybe 5 or 6 seconds but not over 10 seconds.

I DONT CARE IF YOU ARE AN NFL ALL PRO DEFENSIVE BACK YOU CANT COVER A COLLEGE WR FOR 10 SECONDS OR MORE !! CANT BE DONE EVEN IF YOU ARE THE ALL PRO DB AND THE WR IS AVERAGE. IT IS PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO FOR A COLLEGE DB TO FORECLOSE EVERY INSIDE AND OUTSIDE OPTION OF A WR AND EVERY SHORT AND LONG OPTION OF A WR FOR LONGER THAN ABOUT 5-6 SECONDS.

So rushing just 3 DLinemen on obvious passing downs simply makes it much much easier on the opposing QB and the opposing WRs to defeat the Tcu DBs, and virtually guarantees that the opposing QB will get more than 5-6 seconds to pick apart the TCU pass coverage.

Have you girls noticed............NO OTHER B12 HEAD COACH RUSHES JUST 3 IN OBVIOUS PASSING SITUATIONS !!

Only PATTERSON does this. Which is why superior TCU talent is now being regularly defeated by inferior talent.

Armadillo

Cool story bro.

A 3 man rush DOES NOT WORK Coach !! It has never worked at any level of football. STOP IT !!

Have you noticed by now Coach, that the opposing teams QB has all day back there to find an open WR to throw to when you rush 3 and drop 8 ? Against TCU in obvious passing situations, opposing QBs could have a picnic back there before they throw.

TCU is dead last in the B12 in defense against 3rd and long conversions by opponent. DEAD LAST !!

COACH P - Any idea why this is happening pardner ? IT IS BECAUSE YOU RUSH 3 and DROP 8 !!
No defense can cover WRs forever Tonto !!

I don't care if you rush 1 and drop 10 WRs are going to get open eventually. Cant cover them indefinitely Einstein. A Head Coach should know this basic fact.

BEST WAY TO LOSE TO OKLAHOMA (and many others) = Rush 3 and give RATTLER all day to find an open WR (and he will find one eventually with virtually no pass rush from TCU). Only way to beat a team like that is to make the QB jumpy. Rush 4, then also send a CB on a blitz. Rush 4 and then send a safety on a blitz. Opposing QB has no idea from one play to another where the rush is coming from this time. He gets jumpy, he gets creamed a time or two and you put some fear and uncertainty in his mind. He gets "happy feet" and throws too soon which produces interceptions.

Does TCU do this? Noooooo. Patterson believes in dropping 8 in coverage and he is stubborn about this. Which is why we see opposing teams with WIDE OPEN WRs in every single game, while TCUs WRs can't get any separation at all, and DUGGAN has literally 2 seconds to throw or be sacked (because other B12 coaches are not stupid enough to rush only 3 guys).

rant over....i feel better now.

KANSAS has a crappy QB but if Tcu rushes just 3 and drops 8 in coverage, this is going to be a very close game and KANSAS might even win.

If you give even a Junior High School QB vs TCU - 10 seconds to find an open WR he would find one.

****NEWSFLASH FOR PATERSON***
stop rushing the passer with just 3 defensive linemen !!! IT AINT WORKIN EINSTEIN !! No other Coach in the entire B12 does this - which is why you are losing to inferior teams and getting out coached by every other B12 Coach.

Get a clue COACH !! You gotta put pressure on the QBs in this League. Every B12 team has a decent enough QB to find an open WR if you give him enough time. DONT GIVE THEM THE TIME TO PICK YOUR DEFENSE APART !!

I know you majored in PE but This isn't rocket surgery !!