• The KillerFrogs

Coach O

Mean Purple

LSU fans are getting louder about this since yesterday.

JugbandFrog

So Coach O's outgoing contract reportedly had a clause that he can't be HC at an SEC school for 18 months.
He had said he was thinking about not coaching next year, but also said he may feel different in a month.

We need help with D line. He's rich. He needs something to do.
Coach P has been a stop for fired Head Coaches in the past.

Fiscuits

let's be honest, with the new contract they would have to put up with it or try to include his buyout in the biden budget to cover the cost
Jimbo has a $0 buyout to walk from ATM, just FYI. Woodward (who is now AD at LSU) is one who engineered Jimbo's contract while he was AD at.....ATM. ;-)

Eight

Jimbo has a $0 buyout to walk from ATM, just FYI. Woodward (who is now AD at LSU) is one who engineered Jimbo's contract while he was AD at.....ATM. ;-)

my comment was in reference to jimbo having 7 straight losing seasons and what it would cost the ags to get rid of him

HFrog12

yep. LSU has had budget issues for a number of years. They will be very limited on who they can go get now. They are not Bama, even though they think they should be. LSU's brand alone won't bring it in. They have acted like loons against their last two coaches, who won natty titles. The Coaching fraternity talks. Coaches are going to consider that environment and the really good ones are gonna think long and hard as opposed to someplace that has been somewhat more reasonable.

The school doesn't care about its budget issues so long as they have a good football team. They have plenty of BMDs who have no problem buying out O's contract. Married into an LSU family and I love going to games there. I still think their brand is strong and they have an entire state who loves one college football team. It's a heck of a job with a recruiting pipeline that will not fall off. Good point on the coaching fraternity though. Whoever takes the job has to realize they could be out soon thereafter. But let's remember that coach O is (was) the second highest paid coach in the country. I have no doubt LSU and Woodward will open up the wallet again.

dawg

seinfeld-was-the-wrong.gif