• The KillerFrogs

Coach O

Frogs1983

What does after a game have to do with it? Personally I couldn’t care less about dialect or Queen’s-level English but I don’t want that fella here if what appears to be true about his behavior is true.
Are you always wound so tight? I said nothing one way or another about his behavior. Comment I replied to earlier was regarding his speech or dialect. How did you get to his "behavior" from there? Lighten up Francis!

Pharm Frog

Are you always wound so tight? I said nothing one way or another about his behavior. Comment I replied to earlier was regarding his speech or dialect. How did you get to his "behavior" from there? Lighten up Francis!

I was referring to some who wanted him to coach our D line. I do not. Nor do I want Fiscuit’s golden boy Kendall Briles.

Mean Purple

He may have a tough time landing another college HC job. He had a near Baylor level record of handling sexual assault allegations involving players. Of course if LSU was 7-0 there would be no problem.
Coach O handled all those issues pretty well, including some nutty claims about people calling him. No way someone just calls the head coach of LSU without going through the normal insane amount of gatekeepers. So she should have known their was a record of calls.
As for the down season last year, they had 14 players from that 2019 National Champ team leave for the NFL draft. That's 14 key starters. As well has two great coordinators.

LSU fans who think there should have been no drop off are kidding themselves.

Coach O leaves the next coach a ton of young talent. Which is going to now get pilfered like a cooler of beer in the back of a truck at a BU game.

I doubt the next guy has the same success.

My guess is they will offer multiple people and claim they only offered the one guy crazy enough to step into that factory of booster problems and nutty car dealers and diner owners who have caused issues for Coach O, the Hat and and even Saban.

Coach O was all in for them. They are about to get a taste of a coach who treats them like a business. And they don't have the money to keep doing this nonsense. Their payoff to Coach O is pretty big.

In the end, dumb move caused by nutty boosters. LSU boosters have now surpassed those of Tenn and Auburn. When you lap jetgate, you been putting too much in your gumbo.

Mean Purple

the real question is how much more money and what else can jimbo get out of atm to not take the lsu job?
Pretty sure that is why atm offered the salary increase earlier this year. Jimbo has been a pretty smart coach. And aggie fans take longer to go bat [ Finebaum ] crazy on a coach than LSU does. LSU does it within a year sometimes. And they are a heck of a fan base for games. Would think Jimbo would say no quickly. In fact, if he held a presser this week and said he is at aggieland to stay and will be applying or accepting request from LSU, he could pretty much have losing seasons for the next 7 years and get away with it.

Eight

Pretty sure that is why atm offered the salary increase earlier this year. Jimbo has been a pretty smart coach. And aggie fans take longer to go bat [ #2020 ] crazy on a coach than LSU does. LSU does it within a year sometimes. And they are a heck of a fan base for games. Would think Jimbo would say no quickly. In fact, if he held a presser this week and said he is at aggieland to stay and will be applying or accepting request from LSU, he could pretty much have losing seasons for the next 7 years and get away with it.

let's be honest, with the new contract they would have to put up with it or try to include his buyout in the biden budget to cover the cost

Mean Purple

let's be honest, with the new contract they would have to put up with it or try to include his buyout in the biden budget to cover the cost
yep. LSU has had budget issues for a number of years. They will be very limited on who they can go get now. They are not Bama, even though they think they should be. LSU's brand alone won't bring it in. They have acted like loons against their last two coaches, who won natty titles. The Coaching fraternity talks. Coaches are going to consider that environment and the really good ones are gonna think long and hard as opposed to someplace that has been somewhat more reasonable.

LSU Game Attendee

Coach O handled all those issues pretty well, including some nutty claims about people calling him. No way someone just calls the head coach of LSU without going through the normal insane amount of gatekeepers. So she should have known their was a record of calls.
As for the down season last year, they had 14 players from that 2019 National Champ team leave for the NFL draft. That's 14 key starters. As well has two great coordinators.

LSU fans who think there should have been no drop off are kidding themselves.

Coach O leaves the next coach a ton of young talent. Which is going to now get pilfered like a cooler of beer in the back of a truck at a BU game.

I doubt the next guy has the same success.

My guess is they will offer multiple people and claim they only offered the one guy crazy enough to step into that factory of booster problems and nutty car dealers and diner owners who have caused issues for Coach O, the Hat and and even Saban.

Coach O was all in for them. They are about to get a taste of a coach who treats them like a business. And they don't have the money to keep doing this nonsense. Their payoff to Coach O is pretty big.

In the end, dumb move caused by nutty boosters. LSU boosters have now surpassed those of Tenn and Auburn. When you lap jetgate, you been putting too much in your gumbo.
There's something to be said for getting the state-sanctioned pick of the best concentration of football talent in the country and license to do whatever you want within LA borders, barring being unfathomably brazen/maroonic.