• The KillerFrogs

Coach Klieman's pre-TCU presser ...

Jax

State plays a three-man front. Felix Anudike-Uzomah is likely an NFL 1st rounder after this his junior year. The other positions are good to okay. KSU's linebackers, led by Deuce Greene, are also good to okay. The corners are exceptional for this level. But safety is missing parts.

How this plays out up-front is more than between the lines. It's a complete package. How much blitzing will State do? Will coach Klanderman put a shadow on Max? Can State's corners keep up with TCU's big speed receivers? All questions to be answered before our eyes Saturday.

It never comes down to one unit but rather the whole. If something breaks down at the corner or up the middle safety, the Dallas Cowboys couldn't get to Max quick enough.
More importantly K-State will need to play far more physical than previously. On occasion they tried going around blocks which created holes, and getting them out of gap. That became noticeable in the YACs Kendre Miller had. That will hopefully be different with Green and more importantly Hayes semi healthy.

Wexahu

key for me is whether or not the frogs offense can consistently and effactively run the ball with miller

obviously turnovers, injuries, special teams can have a profound effect, but in the second half of game one the frogs were able to get the ground game working and if that happens and quentin is near healthy it has put opposing defenses in a world of hurt

think on the flip side, tcu MUST tackle vaughn in the open field well and not let kstate get their ground game rolling
Key to the game IMO. I think KSU will struggle throwing the ball if they can't get the run game going. Gotta get to 3rd-and-longish situations.

Jax

Playing a 3-man front worries me with Vaughn because on any RPO if we sell out on the run, Howard can pick us apart (as evidenced by the first game), and if we step back into coverage, a 3-man front is inadequate to stopping the run game.

I am concerned for this game.
Says the person whose team has the triple threat of Duggan, Miller and Johnston. As much as TCU can beat you with chunk plays, they will also wear down a defense by merely extending drives. K-State possessed the ball for little over 21 minutes the game before. There is no way that can happen again, expect to win.

Last edited:

FrogCop19

Says the person whose team has the triple threat of Duggan, Miller and Johnston. As much as TCU can beat you with chunk plays, they will also wear down a defense by merely extending drives. K-State possessed the ball for little over 21 minutes the game before. There is no way that can happen again, expect to win.
Well I'm not necessarily concerned for our offense, it's our defense I'm worried about. I think part of the reason we were able to come back last time is the inconsistency created with different QB's. Cadence on a snap count is vastly different with different signal callers, and Kstate was forced to use three different qb's during that game, including running Howard on two separate times.

We'll score, I'm just worried about stopping the kitties.

Jax

Well I'm not necessarily concerned for our offense, it's our defense I'm worried about. I think part of the reason we were able to come back last time is the inconsistency created with different QB's. Cadence on a snap count is vastly different with different signal callers, and Kstate was forced to use three different qb's during that game, including running Howard on two separate times.

We'll score, I'm just worried about stopping the kitties.
I think most forget that Martinez only played the first series of downs. It was all Howard until he was injured. Rubley wasn't out there long enough to affect the cadence before Howard reinserted himself while injured, to stop the bleeding. By then all momentum was in TCU's favor and we went about as conservative as you can get. I can't speak for other Wildcat fans, but I wasn't comfortable with a 28-10 lead before we went cold.

tmcats

I think most forget that Martinez only played the first series of downs. It was all Howard until he was injured. Rubley wasn't out there long enough to affect the cadence before Howard reinserted himself while injured, to stop the bleeding. By then all momentum was in TCU's favor and we went about as conservative as you can get. I can't speak for other Wildcat fans, but I wasn't comfortable with a 28-10 lead before we went cold.
Yep, when State went conservative at that late 2Q point, TCU perked-up, scored, and it was soon curtains thereafter.

puckster59

I think we will do a decent job of containing either Howard or Vaughn, but both is a very tall order. The only and I mean ONLY reason we were able to shut uterus down was because Sewers couldn't hit the broadside of a barn while inside of it, and even when he was on target, the receivers somehow had greased their hands before the snap. We doubled down on stopping BR, and the football gods went ahead and said, "We got your back" and took the QB out of the equation for us.

Playing a 3-man front worries me with Vaughn because on any RPO if we sell out on the run, Howard can pick us apart (as evidenced by the first game), and if we step back into coverage, a 3-man front is inadequate to stopping the run game.

I think my biggest concern about Vaughn is him catching passes against slower LBs. He could very well rush for 100 in a loss. But if he also gets two or three big pass plays, that'll hurt.

Obvious Troll

KState is not getting a bye week to rest for TCU.
It is a TCU home game without being a home game.
But it's tough to be a team twice in a season.

The TCU players will be up for this game, just like they were for Iowa State.
Hopefully we see Johnston, Barber, Hodges and any other injured frogs fully healed and able to contribute to a win.

Sebastian S

Most of them think they really should have won the last game and that they gave it away

They keep forgetting that our offense scored on their defense, that has nothing to do with who their QB was.

Anyways, let’s just beat them again

Sebastian S

Didn’t they have a bye week before us

They knew Howard was their QB all along and practiced him with the first team leading up to Tcu

Having Martinez come out for 1 series was just a test or a pawn.

Now that we have seen him play and seen that offense with him, we can game plan accordingly

kodiak

I am confident in our adjustments. If receive, be Aggressive. If we kick be aggressive. Keep the pressure up. Or whatever the coaching staff wants. That seems to have worked. Just win.

TCU has protected the ball all year—only 3 interceptions and 5 fumbles—unbelievable. Very unusual to get through a year without a game laden with turnovers, or one too many that then costs you the game. I hope this is not that game.

HFrog1999

also, what is your thought on posters using gifs for their response?

Happy 90 Day Fiance GIF by TLC

Either the play before or the play after Howard got hurt, #34 got hurt. When he left the game so did K State’s running game and that was the beginning of the end.

Pharm Frog

I think we will do a decent job of containing either Howard or Vaughn, but both is a very tall order. The only and I mean ONLY reason we were able to shut uterus down was because Sewers couldn't hit the broadside of a barn while inside of it, and even when he was on target, the receivers somehow had greased their hands before the snap. We doubled down on stopping BR, and the football gods went ahead and said, "We got your back" and took the QB out of the equation for us.

Yeah…I hate that 12-0 Stack 3 defense.