• The KillerFrogs

Coach Dykes Officially Named ESPN

frogtown

Spongebob Squarepants Reaction GIF by Nickelodeon

Frogs1983

Did Gary ever threaten to beat up his players or “shove a bottle down” their throats?

There’s a big difference between just yelling at someone and actually threatening them with violence, especially when you’re working and representing your employer
If he can keep half our team available next year into November then all is forgiven. Some people need to get a Fricking life!

Frogs1983

Whatever dude. Embrace the change or remain bitter, stuck in the past.I prefer to move forward.

Keep on looking up those past social media posts however.

Whatever floats your boat.

TooColdU

If he can keep half our team available next year into November then all is forgiven. Some people need to get a Fricking life!

Na apparently SMU has the same injuries issues and Dykes has been pretty terrible in November at SMU. His teams are 6-9 in November.

Not counting the 0-2 in bowl games. Let’s stop talking about the S&C and go back to discussing the new head coach

HFrog1999

Whatever dude. Embrace the change or remain bitter, stuck in the past.I prefer to move forward.

Keep on looking up those past social media posts however.

Whatever floats your boat.

Have you ever threatened to beat someone up at your competitor’s office?

If yes, would you apply for a job there?

There’s such a thing as acceptable behavior for a professional, threatening to attack people because you’re sensitive and you get your feelings hurt is not acceptable.

Dogfrog

Does it bother you that our long time strength coach has acted like a bar bouncer to some of our fans who were trying to watch a little of practice or shoot some video at the spring scrimmage?

I get that you don’t like the guy but he’s been at SMU since 2018 and there haven’t been any issues either with him personally or with their players so maybe you should turn it down a notch.
I was there and talked to him directly about it. Told him it was bad planning on their part having a “private” practice in full view of the basketball fans. While I didn’t like it, at no time did he act like a bouncer.

HFrog1999

You're really dying on this hill, aren't you?

Yeah, I think he’s a [ hundin] and I don’t look forward to him coaching at TCU. I think TCU is stupid for hiring a guy who can’t control his temper, threatened our fans and is implicated in the horrible crap that happened at Baylor. I also don’t understand why TCU fans would have a hard on for an SMU S&C coach.

TCURiggs

Yeah, I think he’s a [ hundin] and I don’t look forward to him coaching at TCU. I think TCU is stupid for hiring a guy who can’t control his temper, threatened our fans and is implicated in the horrible crap that happened at Baylor. I also don’t understand why TCU fans would have a hard on for an SMU S&C coach.

I really can't believe you're so hung up on the fan encounter. I can understand the "he worked for Briles/Baylor" angle, but you're making the fan deal out to be WAAAAY bigger than it is. If you think he's the first coach, or the last, to get pissed at a fan (or player) like that, you're being very naive. The middle-aged TCU fan was being a chump to some D-I college athletes, and their Coach got too fired up about it. That's it. It's the same kind of fire/intensity that we've seen Gary have for 20+ years, but it was directed at a mouthy fanboy who was chirping at a bunch of dude's that could whip his arse. I've always been a fan of having some intense coaches and players like that, which is why I apparently wasn't offended by his reaction at the time it happened (according to that thread that was resurrected).