• The KillerFrogs

Coach Dykes Officially Named ESPN

hiphopfroggy

Have you ever threatened to beat someone up at your competitor’s office?

If yes, would you apply for a job there?

There’s such a thing as acceptable behavior for a professional, threatening to attack people because you’re sensitive and you get your feelings hurt is not acceptable.
A college football stadium is not an office.

Moose Stuff

Yeah, I think he’s a [ hundin] and I don’t look forward to him coaching at TCU. I think TCU is stupid for hiring a guy who can’t control his temper, threatened our fans and is implicated in the horrible crap that happened at Baylor. I also don’t understand why TCU fans would have a hard on for an SMU S&C coach.
My take away from this is that you’re ignorant about college football.

Moose Stuff

No, I’m not fine with anyone threatening violence to anyone, especially over “taunting” at a football game. I would be pissed if our coaches acted like that towards our opponents, which is why I’m not looking forward to this hire.
So the fan he was yelling at was you. Got it.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
How many coaches have threatened to beat up our fans? Can we not find a S & C coach who hasn’t?

And, yeah I didn’t like our previous one either because I was one of the fans he yelled at.

Don’t tell me to turn it down a notch, I’ll crank this baby to 11

go to 11 spinal tap GIF
When you crank up a tiresome presentation it’s just a loud tiresome presentation

Moose Stuff

I really can't believe you're so hung up on the fan encounter. I can understand the "he worked for Briles/Baylor" angle, but you're making the fan deal out to be WAAAAY bigger than it is. If you think he's the first coach, or the last, to get pissed at a fan (or player) like that, you're being very naive. The middle-aged TCU fan was being a chump to some D-I college athletes, and their Coach got too fired up about it. That's it. It's the same kind of fire/intensity that we've seen Gary have for 20+ years, but it was directed at a mouthy fanboy who was chirping at a bunch of dude's that could whip his arse. I've always been a fan of having some intense coaches and players like that, which is why I apparently wasn't offended by his reaction at the time it happened (according to that thread that was resurrected).
The upset of the day is that somehow I didn’t participate in that thread. I did enjoy seeing posts from Goo, Wes, and Gunner. Hell, I even went back and liked a roddog post.

TCUWIN

I don’t know if Peterson would come or not. But, did we ask him? Did we set our bar that high, or is Dykes as high as we set our bar? Dykes’ record falls well short of the guy we dumped. Yes, we had to have a change, but I can’t see that we have given ourselves much change at all. Like I said, I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think so…
GO FROGS!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fornicate baylor!!
But Dykes has a bunch more wins than Patterson did when he was hired. Let’s see what he can do with the resources available.