• The KillerFrogs

Coach Dykes Officially Named ESPN

Mean Purple

you can definitely dislike the hire. Doesn't mean you aren't a Frog.
I never understood the support for the guy. His SMU team finished 6th this year. To be honest that is in line with his results over the past 9 years.

How is that better than where we are now? I don't know, but apparently anything was better than GP.
I think some are trying to sell themselves on him being better than he is. He had one notable year at SMU.

G Mother Froggen P

Zach Evan’s posted on Instagram (social media) a welcome to the new coach Sonny Dykes. In the past he was vocal about wanting Deion Sanders as the next coach, and with a lot of posters speculating he is gone next year, I’m saying this may be a glimmer of hope he’s staying onboard to play for SD. The Ulysses part is referencing the running back for smu, who multiple of our players practice with during the off-season. Assuming they continue to stay in touch, and Ulysses has a good relationship with SD, that could be all the convincing some players need to not enter the transfer portal.
Dumb prediction I guess… see below:

McFroggin

I am because he's bringing brand new assistants and he's a fresh start from what this program had become past 5 seasons.

I love all you bagging people bagging on the hire.

You all complain about it, but you never say who Frogs should have taken instead?

I’m not excited by SD alone, but I am excited about change in general and every new coach that couldn’t be much worse than the last.

gofor2

gofor2

I am because he's bringing brand new assistants and he's a fresh start from what this program had become past 5 seasons.

I love all you bagging people bagging on the hire.

You all complain about it, but you never say who Frogs should have taken instead?
A fresh start and getting the right OC and DC can definitely lead to success - and I hope it does.

A lot of people have not only complained but also said who the Frogs should haven taken instead. Not that is matters, because the administration isn't asking any of us our opinions on things.

gofor2

I just heard the name Patrick Toney for TCU DC and that hes in consideration, anyone else hearing this?
I saw that name come up 4-5 days back. But more along the lines of who knows what is legitimate or not. Much like most of the coaching speculation over the past 2 weeks

Last edited:

gofor2

We got it. The horse is dead. Quit beating it.
Maybe we should consolidate all such messages into a thread named beat that dead horse. I'll be happy to put any future complaints about the hire in there. I can't speak for others though.

Last edited: