• The KillerFrogs

Coach Dixon, please stop our worst shooters from shooting 3's

Froggy Style

When we have our worst two players shooting 0-7 from three, they are taking shots away from Bane, Williams, Noi, and Vlad. We have lost so many of our last 8 conference games due to this exact reason. The stats do not lie. 15% from three point land mean you should not be allowed to shoot these shots!

This is not knee jerk, this is a trend that exists in every conference game going back 10 games and kept us from making the tourney last year and may do the same this year.

Froggy Style

More specifically, if we continue to allow someone shooting 15% (AR) to shoot threes, I cannot continue to follow the team. It makes no logical sense.

In a conference where you know every game is going to be a 1-3 point game. A guy who misses 4 threes our of 4 shots takes away 4-6 points from Vlad or KW. 4-26 on the year.

TCURiggs

I didn't read the game thread, so I'm assuming this has been covered, but our best shooters missed wide open looks. Bottom line, we just didn't make enough open shots to win the game and they were hotter than ship all night. This conference is brutal, and we just had our worst shooting night of the year.

We'll bounce back, and it was good to see that our FTs actually kept us in it.

I wanted to murder the refs, btw.

BleedNPurple

Sometimes you have to just shoot your way out of it. There where many times tonight I was saying don’t take the shot! There’s a lot of reasons why our poor shooters had open looks - like their #0 - we just made no effort to cover him and he produced only a point or two.

Froggy Style

I didn't read the game thread, so I'm assuming this has been covered, but our best shooters missed wide open looks. Bottom line, we just didn't make enough open shots to win the game and they were hotter than ship all night. This conference is brutal, and we just had our worst shooting night of the year.

Agree totally on the refs.

I'm okay if guys shooting 35% plus miss threes. When people who can't shoot 20% from three continue to take shots, it literally takes points away from the team. It's really a quite simple math problem. Instead of shooting drive to the basket or pass the ball.

Peacefrog

Degenerate

I had my kids with me, was surrounded by KU fans and when Noi got raped on that dunk attempt with no foul I went nuts on the KU people. I kept yelling nonsense at them as they celebrated. Until I remembered the kids. Then I felt shame.

Edit: I did not type "nonsense." I was yelling horse excrement. Loudly.

Pharm Frog

Sometimes you have to just shoot your way out of it. There where many times tonight I was saying don’t take the shot! There’s a lot of reasons why our poor shooters had open looks - like their #0 - we just made no effort to cover him and he produced only a point or two.

Or sometimes you need to acknowledge that shooting from distance is just not your thing.

Froggy Style

Yeah, our opponents should know to only leave our good three point shooting players open.
Yes, that's how basketball works. If KW isn't open, then you should shoot regardless of how bad you are. If you shoot 15% from 3 point land, then you are either Shaq or AR who is great a driving and dishing. Shaq stuck with 10 feet and in, what is AR's excuse for shooting 4 three pointers? (and missing all of them) 4-26 on the year

BleedNPurple

Or sometimes you need to acknowledge that shooting from distance is just not your thing.

Against Baylor it was 3 point brick and no rebound possession after possession. We were lucky to win that game we were leading by 12 at one point. We did the same thing against OU.

TCURiggs

Am I crazy, or did one of the best 3-pt shooters in the country (Bane) and several other really good one's (Kenrich and Noi) not miss multiple wide-open looks? That's not even mentioning the multiple layups/put-backs under the basket and open 3's from Alex and a few others that we missed.

Bottom line, we just shot poorly tonight, outside of FTs... go figure.

Froggy Style

Do you think that maybe they aren't covering AR because someone shooting 15% three pointers is as good as a turnover? That is like someone shooting 40% free throws and then asking them to draw fouls. It is ludicrous.

Pharm Frog

Am I crazy, or did one of the best 3-pt shooters in the country (Bane) and several other really good one's (Kenrich and Noi) not miss multiple wide-open looks? That's not even mentioning the multiple layups/put-backs under the basket and open 3's from Alex and a few others that we missed.

Bottom line, we just shot poorly tonight, outside of FTs... go figure.

Bane was 3-7 from three-point land. I'd take that 43% every night.

Froggy Style

Bane was 3-7 from three-point land. I'd take that 43% every night.
43% on Alex and JDM's 7 missed 3's equates to 9-12 more points. If Vlad hits his 50-60% 2 pointers we also score 12 more points. Simple math gets the win, easily.

Furthermore, they have consistently hit 35%-50% all year...AR is at 15% for the year and zero percent when it matters.

Wexahu

I didn’t see many I’ll advised shots, just not enough went in. With a 30 second shot clock you’re gonna have to knock down some tough shots because it’s just not enough time to always get what you want.

Froggy Style

I didn’t see many I’ll advised shots, just not enough went in. With a 30 second shot clock you’re gonna have to knock down some tough shots because it’s just not enough time to always get what you want.
Any three pointer when you are a 15% shooter is ill advised. Simple math.

Alex took a three at the end at the beginning of the shot clock. The announcers said exactly what I've been saying. You're a terrible shooter...all year long...you HAVE TO make the extra pass no matter how open . I realize I'm calling this player out, but even more unusual is the announcers doing the same.

This is basketball 101, and must stop as it is happening every game.

Pharm Frog

With a 30 second shot clock someone is gonna need to knock down some tough shots. That someone (or those someones) need to be the one or ones that have the best chance to make those tough shots. This does not appear to be ARob.

4th. down

With a 30 second shot clock someone is gonna need to knock down some tough shots. That someone (or those someones) need to be the one or ones that have the best chance to make those tough shots. This does not appear to be ARob.

Between Hamdy and A. Rob., 47 minutes combined, and 1 out of 14 basket attempts. This is not good. Hard to win against Kansas talent with that type of shooting or any team for that matter.

Pharm Frog

Between Hamdy and A. Rob., 47 minutes combined, and 1 out of 14 basket attempts. This is not good. Hard to win against Kansas talent with that type of shooting or any team for that matter.

I distinctly recall ARob's bucket. A dribble drive for a layup. That's the kind of stuff (along with some tight bounce passes) he does well and should continue to do well.

EDIT: And in 14 minutes, JF shoots 4-6 from 3 (6-8 overall) and gets 16 points. His foul-trouble minutes limit was critical.