• The KillerFrogs

Club Tickets

Ron Swanson

Why are people upset about him selling Club Seats with no markup? That is a HUGE discount to anyone who is looking to get them directly from TCU. Otherwise, you'd have to pay the $12,500 Capital Donation on top of the Club Seat donation and the normal Season Ticket price.
Literally not one person got upset in the entire thread

It is my understanding that tax deductions for tickets are no longer deductible but other donations are, correct?
The tickets and food were never deductible to begin with, but I'm sure many folks were doing it anyway. The only deductible part of the Club Seat price was the "donation" portion. Well now that's not even deductible. You can make a separate donation to TCU (academic side) but anything that goes to benefit the athletics department is not deductible. In other words, nothing associated with Club Seats is deductible.

Dogfrog

The tickets and food were never deductible to begin with, but I'm sure many folks were doing it anyway. The only deductible part of the Club Seat price was the "donation" portion. Well now that's not even deductible. You can make a separate donation to TCU (academic side) but anything that goes to benefit the athletics department is not deductible. In other words, nothing associated with Club Seats is deductible.

I think you’re right but TCU continued to send out letters in 2019 outlining your contributions with a note indicating what portion of the contribution was a tangible benefit I guess in case you and your cpa want to go for it.

Reality is you would have to itemize deductions and the salt tax deduction limit has made that less common.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
A donation to the TCU general fund which just happens to be used for stadium construction is deductible.