• The KillerFrogs

Clint Gresham

Shorty

gresh49Well, I’m grateful this went well. @mattigresham and I were overwhelmed with anxiety when my Doc told us I had a TUMOR in my head terrifying having this a week before our little girl is due and SO THANKFUL we caught it
————————————
I’d like to thank the amazing people at the @playerstrust who found this. I went in for a brain scan to check for injuries from concussions. When we looked at the image, we noticed a mass that shouldn’t have been there (you can see it on the third picture)
—————————-
The doctor told me this type of tumor left untreated, is very dangerous. I would have never known about it had I not done the @NFL Brain and Body Assessment for former players. #grateful——————————————-We never think major health issues will happen to us. To be confronted with a tumor in your head, and the possibility of cancer/face paralysis, especially with our daughter due 7 days from today, was a sobering reminder to thoroughly cherish every moment, and live for something greater than myself
—————————————THANK YOU JESUS

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Hey Wes - always thinking of you. I hope all is going well in your treatment journey. Xoxo
Thanks Lisa

I am hanging in there. Just started my 3rd round of chemo and this round is kicking my butt. It’s 480mg for 5 days. One more scheduled round next month and then I go on a maintenance dose for the rest of my life.

I’m just tired of Dr’s, meds, blood draws an feeling tired all the time. But I am still able to stand upright and take fluids so as long as I can do that, I’ll be ok

Just hope that Clint’s tumor is easily removed and that he can get on with his life soon

FrogAbroad

Keep on keepin' on, Wes. As a few of us on the forum can attest, treatments can really suck big-time, but they beat the alternative long-term.

And what a fortunate thing for Clint, to discover "by accident" something that would be serious if left undiscovered. Blessings, brother!

And for the rest of you: Don't wait around 'til something hurts, or swells, or turns a funny color to have a general physical exam. You probably have some people counting on you to stay alive a few more years...don't let 'em down...do it for them.

cdsfrog

Keep on keepin' on, Wes. As a few of us on the forum can attest, treatments can really suck big-time, but they beat the alternative long-term.

And what a fortunate thing for Clint, to discover "by accident" something that would be serious if left undiscovered. Blessings, brother!

And for the rest of you: Don't wait around 'til something hurts, or swells, or turns a funny color to have a general physical exam. You probably have some people counting on you to stay alive a few more years...don't let 'em down...do it for them.

So true. Much better to be safe and overly cautious when it comes to ones health. My dad caught his cancer extremely early by a minor blood test anomaly. He's been cancer free for 15 years now.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus

You're darned right. What may seem to you like a minor symptom, could be something very serious. You don't want to be a hypochondriac but you never know what's going on in your body. Better safe than sorry

frogs9497

Clint posted on FB about an hour ago that the tumor is benign:

Feeling overwhelmed at all of the support you guys have poured out on @mattigresham and I. The tumor was BENIGN so that means NO CANCER!
——————————————-
The tumor was sitting behind all the nerves that go to my face so the risk of facial paralysis was a real thing....that would have been heartbreaking to not be able to smile when my daughter is born next week....thankfully the surgeon did a great job keeping my smiling muscles working!
#grateful #onthemend

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Clint posted on FB about an hour ago that the tumor is benign:

Feeling overwhelmed at all of the support you guys have poured out on @mattigresham and I. The tumor was BENIGN so that means NO CANCER!
——————————————-
The tumor was sitting behind all the nerves that go to my face so the risk of facial paralysis was a real thing....that would have been heartbreaking to not be able to smile when my daughter is born next week....thankfully the surgeon did a great job keeping my smiling muscles working!
#grateful #onthemend
Great news. Thank you for sharing