• The KillerFrogs

Claude T. Scott (Baseball Letterman from 1940's)

Eight

froginmn

My TCU Hero and Dad passed away March 22, 1019. He loved his frogs!

Last Thursday he asked me for his eyeglasses as I turned on the TCU basketball game. He watched the whole game with us and then handed me his eyeglasses. He closed his eyes and never opened them again. He died two days later.

Go Frogs!!!

Loved my Dad!!!

https://www.greenwoodfuneralhomes.com/obituaries/Claude-Scott-3/
May God bless a great Frog, and may he rest in peace.

Sympathies and prayers to your family, and thanks for sharing that. I lost my Dad six months ago; he wasn't a Frog himself but was a great fan of theirs.

froglash88

I’m sorry.

As much as people on here can be a PITA at times, they provided very good therapy when I lost my mother 8 years ago. The Horned Frog Community is very special. He will join my mother in helping the frog’s field goals stay between the uprights. Take Care.

HFrog12

Very sorry for your loss. Appreciate you sharing. After a quick glance at his obituary he seemed like an extraordinary man, as many of that generation were. God bless.

tcumaniac

So sorry for your loss. Didn't take long to tell that he lived an absolutely incredible life. I felt the obituary was too impressive not to share:

Fort Worth - Claude T. Scott, 95, passed away peacefully at home on March 22, 2019, surrounded by his adoring family.

Private Graveside at Greenwood Memorial Park.

Memorials: In lieu of flowers the family asks that memorials be donated to the American Diabetes Association or a charity of your choice.

Claude was born at his home in Fort Worth on Sept. 27, 1923, the youngest of three brothers. He graduated from Paschal High School as did his wife and five children. He joined the Army Air Force during World War II. He served as a Navigator and Top Turret Gunner on B-17's. He returned home to Fort Worth after the war and on June 27, 1946 married his childhood sweetheart, Peggy Ann Carter. After 72 years of marriage, he still lovingly referred to her as "his bride". He attended Texas Christian University and in 1949 earned an accounting degree. He joined the first post war T.C.U. baseball team and lettered as a pitcher for the Horned Frogs.

After graduation, he entered public practice as a CPA and helped guide his firm to a merger with the "Big Four" International accounting firm of Deloitte. Claude worked with many of Fort Worth's most successful businesses during his 37 year career. The last 20 years of his career, he was the firm's Partner In Charge of the Fort Worth region. He took his professional responsibilities seriously and shared his acumen by helping to shape the higher education of accounting students. He served on the Steering Committee for Accounting Faculty Development and as a Student Business Mentor at T.C.U. He was elected as a member of the Accounting Fraternity Beta Alpha Psi and was honored as the recipient of their Distinguished Alumni Award in 1985. He also served as a Charter Member of the Accounting Advisory Council at Texas Tech.

Claude was an active and energetic supporter of local civic organizations. An Elder of the Presbyterian Church, he served as an Officer with Grace Presbytery and the Texas Presbyterian Foundation. A dedicated volunteer. He believed that his talent was God given and he used it freely to serve others. Claude was a member of First Presbyterian Church and Colonial Country Club. An avid golfer, he and Peggy loved to travel and had a special fondness for their visit to the Links at St. Andrews, Scotland. He loved being outdoors and enjoyed hunting, fishing, attending Texas Ranger games and all T.C.U. sporting events with his family. He shared his love of baseball with his children. He coached Little League and Pony League teams for two decades.

A man of faith, values and humility, he was most proud of his family. He and Peggy had five children, nine grandchildren and five great grandchildren. He was blessed to be able to share his life with them and see them grow in love and prosperity. He will be missed, but never forgotten.

The family would like to thank Claude's caretaker, Debbie Rodriguez and VITAS Hospice for their loving care.

Preceded in death by brothers, Howard Scott and Jack Scott; and grandson, Peter Andrew Scott.

Survivors: Wife, Peggy; sons, C.T. Scott, Jr. and wife, Julie of Fort Worth; Carter Scott and wife, Julie of Kettle Falls, WA; John Scott and wife, Beverly of Austin; Robert Scott and wife, Ruth Ann of Dallas; and daughter, Carol Maness and husband, Mark of Fort Worth; grandchildren, Sharon Scott, Brian Maness, Stephanie Andrews, Daniel Scott, Emily Boydston, Caroline Maness, Hillary Scott and Bobby Maness; and great-grandchildren, Olivia Maness-Wood, Camille Scott, Madelyn Duncan, Findlay Andrews and Cameron Boydston.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
My TCU Hero and Dad passed away March 22, 1019. He loved his frogs!

Last Thursday he asked me for his eyeglasses as I turned on the TCU basketball game. He watched the whole game with us and then handed me his eyeglasses. He closed his eyes and never opened them again. He died two days later.

Go Frogs!!!

Loved my Dad!!!

So sorry. We live our lives knowing that day will come but are never ready when it arrives

love to you, your family and may light perpetual shine upon your dad.

https://www.greenwoodfuneralhomes.com/obituaries/Claude-Scott-3/