• The KillerFrogs

Championship Week Rooting Guide

Purp

IMO if the Frogs don't get an invitation, the defining moments were the final shot clock possessions against KU at home when Desmond Bane might as well have been hanging out in a residence hall. And if memory serves, several possessions preceding those. There's many, many things that can be pointed to but that was pretty much it for me. Inexplicable..disturbing...and maybe even fatal.

I was at the second OU game. Never thought we would win that game once I saw the absences during pre-game warmups. Played without Noi. Played without urgency or passion. Once they started to take it to the rim and finish or kick out...that game was over and there was nothing we could do about it other than make it look respectable. They would have had to have gifted that game to us and they looked like they might but didn't.
I thought the 3OT loss at Morgantown would be a dagger. This team has been resilient this season as much as it's been disappointing. Amazing they still have a chance to make the dance.

berryfrog95

We know the Big Xii is getting 7 not 6 based on power. OU is in based on that alone and beating TCU twice etc.

It will boil down to TCU with no bad loss and two wins over Texas..... that makes 7....

If they are discounting conference records, I SUPPOSE Texas with some big wins over Quad 1 is on the bubble and of committee is seriously looking at that it makes it possibly 8.....

Gonna be a ride next 48 hours.

Atomic Frawg

If you ask me, losing to Okie Lite was a bad loss. The WVU loss doesn't look as bad now, but Okie Lite definitely was. Then again, who's asking me?

Pharm Frog

I thought the 3OT loss at Morgantown would be a dagger. This team has been resilient this season as much as it's been disappointing. Amazing they still have a chance to make the dance.

I chose the KU end-game scenarios because I believe that if we had distributed the ball to our best player like we should have:

• We would have won that game and none of this uncertainty would be here now.
  • We would demonstrated that we had the maturity and poise to close out important games with an understanding of who needs to get vital touches.
  • We would have definitely won against Okie Lite and WVU.
  • We might have won against OU without Noi.
  • We might have stolen a win we shouldn’t have.
  • And we would have played Baylor or ISU or maybe KU yesterday knowing our NCAA ticket was punched.

LVH

Once again we owe the refs a favor. Buffalo was just carried into the final via the refs. They missed a shot clock violation on Buffalo that swung the game around

SuperTFrog

Gents, I think we are in trouble. If two mid majors that don’t have an at large team win I think we are in the outside looking in. We need Utah St to win the next two in a big way.

Last edited:

TooColdU

This Seton Hall vs Marquette game is ridiculous. The refs are horrible. There’s been 81 free throws shot in regulation

SH wins.
3 ejections, 8 technical fouls, 85 free throws total.

Last edited:

TooColdU

84 free throws? Almost has to be a record, that’s crazy.

My apologies it was 85 free throws.

I looked on NCAA’s site and found the record for combined FT attempts is 108. Set in 1991 by Washington vs Northern Illinois.

That game went to 2OT though. Didn’t see the record for games ending in regulation.

TooColdU

Utah State takes care of Fresno State.
We need them to beat San Diego State in the MW championship tomorrow.

Oregon upsets Arizona State. They will face Washington in the championship tomorrow night. We want UW to win.

TCUownstheBig12

Huge UW and USU fan today!

Also, let's go ahead and get rid of Memphis (Go Coog High) and Wichita State (Go Cincy).

At this point, Minny, Seton Hall, and Florida are "in"...no point rooting against them, in fact, Florida winning is helping our cause a bit.

Iowa State winning the Big 12 tourney would be a nice feather in our cap, too.

TCUownstheBig12

If you are a believer in Lunardi...not his specific rankings (last 4 in, etc.) but the fact that his clusters (should be in, work to do, etc.) are fairly accurate..then we have 19 "work to do" teams vying for 7 spots. If Oregon, SDSU, and Memphis/Wichita State win their tourneys, that could shrink to 4 spots.

-TCU
-Texas
-Lipscomb
-UNC-Greensboro
-Furman
-St. John's
-Temple
-Creighton
-Georgetown
-Xavier
-NC State
-Clemson
-Ohio State
-Belmont
-Indiana
-Arizona State
-Florida
-Alabama
-Memphis

I think Florida and Arizona State are "in".

If 5 spots are left (after UF and ASU), I feel confident. TCU, Belmont, Ohio State, NC State, and St. John's would be my guess. Temple could easily replace NC State or SJ.

If this get to 2 spots...I think we are out. And that's fair.

LVH

Today:

2:00pm Houston over Memphis

4:30pm Cincinnati over Wichita State

5:00pm Utah State over San Diego State

6:30pm Buffalo over Bowling Green

9:30pm Washington over Oregon

I firmly believe we are out if either San Diego State, Oregon. or Bowling Green win. We need to run the table in the last 3 games and hope that Houston/Cincy come away with the AAC tomorrow

Atomic Frawg

Both Palm and Lunardi have us in their last four in. One of the commentators in the game on CBS right now (RI v St Bon) is hating. Pointing at sub 500 in conference play.

Last edited: