• The KillerFrogs

Championship Week Rooting Guide

Hell Sent Frog

The 20th win was important for TCU, something Baylor, Oklahoma and Texas did not do.

Conference record does not matter.

The Horned Frogs do not have any bad losses; no Category 3 or Category 4 loss.

TCU's strength of schedule is really strong (25th using RPI).

The Longhorns ending the season with a .500 record and 16 losses helps the Frogs out a lot.

The Big 12 is rated as the #1 conference and it is not going to be happy at all with only getting six teams in the tournament while the ACC and Big Ten gets eight and the SEC gets seven. This is another big reason TCU is being predicted by many as one of seven Big 12 teams invited.

Last edited:

ftwfrog

The 20th win was important for TCU, something Baylor, Oklahoma and Texas did not do.

Conference record does not matter.

The Horned Frogs do not have any bad losses; no Category 3 or Category 4 loss.

TCU's strength of schedule is really strong (25th using RPI).

The Longhorns ending the season with a .500 record and 16 losses helps the Frogs out a lot.

The Big 12 is rated as the #1 conference and it is not going to be happy at all with only getting six teams in the tournament while the ACC and Big Ten gets eight and the SEC gets seven. This is another big reason TCU is being predicted by many as one of seven Big 12 teams invited.
7 teams:
KSU, TT, Kansas, Iowa State, Baylor, ????, ????

Eight

Can't even fathom how UT is even being considered at this point.

texas will be an interesting case to see to you reward teams for playing some quality non-conference opponents

they did beat arkansas, purdue, and north carolina non-conference and also played michigan state and providence.

in conference they beat kansas state and kansas

they do have the 16-16 record, some say they don't look at conference records which i find a bit odd, and texas has two ugly losses in non-conference to radford and vcu

SuperTFrog

All Times Pacific - March 14

9:00am - BUFFALO over AKRON

9:30am - VIRGINIA over NC STATE

9:30am - OHIO STATE over INDIANA

10:00am - FLORIDA over ARKANSAS

11:30am - TCU over KANSAS STATE

11:30am - XAVIER over CREIGHTON

12:00pm - NEVADA over BOISE STATE

12:00pm - WASHINGTON over USC

12:00pm - TULANE over MEMPHIS

4:00pm - MARQUETTE over ST. JOHN'S

4:00pm - PENN STATE over MINNESOTA

4:00pm - OLE MISS over ALABAMA

6:00pm - KANSAS over TEXAS

6:00pm - UCLA over ARIZONA STATE

6:30pm - SETON HALL over GEORGETOWN
Any updates for today’s games?

We want Michigan State, LSU, Wisconsin, Auburn, Buffalo, Villanova, Kentucky, Purdue, Iowa State, Cincinatti, Tennessee, Nevada, Kansas, Marquette and Michigan today.

SuperTFrog

We want Michigan State, LSU, Wisconsin, Auburn, Buffalo, Villanova, Kentucky, Purdue, Iowa State, Cincinatti, Tennessee, Nevada, Kansas, Marquette and Michigan today.
If Florida is in for sure, wouldn’t we want them to win since we beat them?

NM - it looks like Florida is barely in.

Last edited:

Bruce Berry

“I won’t comment on Shaka,” Del Conte said. “It’s right in the middle of the season. That’s crazy. Shaka’s our head basketball coach. He’s an awesome coach. We have great kids, but that’s ludicrous talk when you start talking about that stuff right in the middle of the season.”

Ah......your season is over Chris. Get with the lawyers. Focus on the lawsuit.

LVH

I'm late today but here we go

HOUSTON over UCONN (Houston up by 40 as I write this so we are good)

VCU over RHODE ISLAND (VCU down 5 with 9 minutes to go as I write this so beware)

MICHIGAN STATE over OHIO STATE (Michigan State up by 4 at half as I write this, Ohio State might be in regardless but you never know)

1:30pm UCF over MEMPHIS

2:00pm AUBURN over SOUTH CAROLINA

5:00pm ST JOSEPHS over DAVIDSON

5:30pm BUFFALO over CENTRAL MICHIGAN

5:30pm VILLANOVA over XAVIER

6:00pm KENTUCKY over ALABAMA

6:00pm CINCINNATI over SMU

8:00pm NEVADA over SAN DIEGO STATE

8:00pm KANSAS over WEST VIRGINIA

8:00pm WICHITA STATE over TEMPLE

8:00pm WASHINGTON over COLORADO

10:30pm ARIZONA STATE over OREGON

10:30pm UTAH STATE over FRESNO STATE

LVH

VCU loses. Bubble just shrunk by one, unless the committee pulls a 2016 St. Bonaventure on them(St. Bonny won the A10 regular season in 2016 and lost in the quarterfinals and was excluded)

Purp

I'm rooting for Western Virginia to win the conference title. I know it would take an at large spot away that we need, but I feel pretty comfortable right now that we're ahead of Texas and possibly even OU so I think Western Virginia getting an automatic birth would take a chance from one of those teams and not us. Plus, I think it would speak volumes about the depth of the conference for the last place team to with the conference tourney.

TCUownstheBig12

VCU loss hurts.

Florida win could hurt or it could help...too early to tell. I would have preferred a loss, IMO.

I was feeling okay this AM...now I’m 50/50 on if we make it.

Eight

If TCU and OU are both bubble teams it would be very difficult to choose us over them...

two wins over the frogs, a win over kansas, and a tougher rated schedule would seem to lean towards the sooners.

very frustrating because those were two very winnable games

Pharm Frog

two wins over the frogs, a win over kansas, and a tougher rated schedule would seem to lean towards the sooners.

very frustrating because those were two very winnable games

IMO if the Frogs don't get an invitation, the defining moments were the final shot clock possessions against KU at home when Desmond Bane might as well have been hanging out in a residence hall. And if memory serves, several possessions preceding those. There's many, many things that can be pointed to but that was pretty much it for me. Inexplicable..disturbing...and maybe even fatal.

I was at the second OU game. Never thought we would win that game once I saw the absences during pre-game warmups. Played without Noi. Played without urgency or passion. Once they started to take it to the rim and finish or kick out...that game was over and there was nothing we could do about it other than make it look respectable. They would have had to have gifted that game to us and they looked like they might but didn't.