• The KillerFrogs

Championship Week Rooting Guide

LVH

Mark Few the CBB equivalent to GP?

Apples to Apples, the football MWC we were in was much tougher than the WCC has ever been. They have an occassional token St. Mary's challenger some years but for the most part its a total joke.

With that being said, Gonzaga over St. Mary's is our preferred result tonight. Gonzaga hasn't lost in the WCC tournament since 2008, so I don't see it happening

LVH

St. Mary's has slowed this game down to a total crawl

This is basically Exhibit A as to why slowing the game down wins you games

ATC Frog

Apples to Apples, the football MWC we were in was much tougher than the WCC has ever been. They have an occassional token St. Mary's challenger some years but for the most part its a total joke.

With that being said, Gonzaga over St. Mary's is our preferred result tonight. Gonzaga hasn't lost in the WCC tournament since 2008, so I don't see it happening

Welp. So much for that.

LVH

Wedesday March 13

9:00am(Las Vegas time) Clemson vs. NC State - Loser is probably out for good. I think I am pulling for NC State here - I think even with a win, they could still be out - their non conference schedule was the worst in Division 1, and the committee year in and year out makes it a point to punish teams with bad non conference schedules.

4:00pm Our Game: Obviously we need to win or this thread is pointless

6:30pm Oklahoma vs. West Virginia: Oklahoma is a bubble team who could be out with a loss.

TCUownstheBig12

Wedesday March 13

9:00am(Las Vegas time) Clemson vs. NC State - Loser is probably out for good. I think I am pulling for NC State here - I think even with a win, they could still be out - their non conference schedule was the worst in Division 1, and the committee year in and year out makes it a point to punish teams with bad non conference schedules.

6:30pm Oklahoma vs. West Virginia: Oklahoma is a bubble team who could be out with a loss.

8:30pm - DePaul over St. John's would help as well.

TCUownstheBig12

IF we find a way to eek out a victory versus Okie Light...tomorrow will have a ton of important games for us:

Really Important
-TCU over Kansas State - obviously, the most important. We win, we are in. 21-13 with wins over Kansas State, Iowa State (x2), Texas (x2), Baylor, Florida, Bucknell, and Fresno State...hello, 10-seed!
-Ohio State vs. Indiana - not sure there is one that we should root for more...luckily, I'm pretty confident that one will lose
-Xavier over Creighton - Creighton needs to go away
-Penn State over Minnesota - I think that, even with a loss, a 19-13 Minnesota team will get in...but you never know.
-Ole Miss over Alabama - I think the Tide are on the outside looking in regardless, but let's make it official.
-Seton Hall over Georgetown - similar to Bama, the Hoyas are on life support...go Pirates!
-Root against Arizona State vs. TBD (let's make the Pac-12 a one-bid league); if that doesn't work, root against Washington vs. TBD
-Root against Utah State vs. TBD

Not as Important (but tell yourself they are so they are more fun)
-Iowa State over Baylor - not super important but we beat ISU twice...and it makes us look better? Maybe.
-Arkansas over Florida - this argument could go either way...Florida is a bubble team that could be in our way...they also are one of our better wins...I guess you can celebrate either outcome.
-Kansas over Texas - see Arkansas vs. Florida but Texas is two of our better wins.
-Root against Iowa vs. TBD - they are probably in but root against them anyway

**for today, other than DePaul and West Virginia, I will also be rooting for Bucknell to win and give us another win over a tournament team.

Purp

Wedesday March 13

Are you on pacific time? I thought our game tipped at 6pm.