• The KillerFrogs

CGP might seem he’s worn out his welcome...

JockO de Frog

There’s no guarantee that they’ll be struggling.

Besides, I don’t think anyone is flat out saying GP needs to go anyway. They are saying changes have to be made within the program. And if he is unwilling to make changes he might need to step down. Do you disagree?
What? Many are calling for GPs head on a charger. I sure hope he stays. I've lived through too many years of continually bad TCU football to want the one coach that changed all that. He will right the ship again.

Christcu

we were looking for a good HC when we found him and we will be looking for one after he leaves.

He isn’t bigger than the University. Change needs to happen and quickly.

signed,

a hater who is a season ticket holder and a frog fan since 1990.

some people need to get a grip. GP is a great coach and he has been amazing to us, but he isn’t free from criticism. Times are a changing and he needs to catch up.

id love to have him for another 10 years, but there needs to be a shake-up with the coaching staff and if he doesn’t do it, then he should be held accountable.
Only a Frog Fan since 1990? Rookie.

Christcu

gary thinks the arkansas or ole miss are better jobs more power to him.

sure he would love to face bama, auburn, and lsu each year wihile holding the short end of the rep and talent pool stick.

no pressure with either jobs, no media expectations, history of patience and realistic expectations among the fan bases.

gary has been very good for tcu, but tcu has been equally good to him and if he thinks people in those schools would take the same approach as the tcu fan base thanks for the memories gary
Meh ...

Froggish

GMFP would never be an AD. Ever. He isn't a schmoozer, and never has been.

I also believe he won't bolt for Ole Miss or any other 3-years-and-you're-fired gigs that are looking for the Next Hot Coach, while the previous Coach's pyre is still smoldering.

An Athletic program would go broke with GP as an AD..

Mean Purple

He’s got some personal issues (sick kid) that are driving this decision. He may coach again but it isn’t gonna be at TCU next year.
His comments were certainly those of a man placing priority on family. Which he has seemed to do during his time as a coach (judging from passing on offers, etc.) It is just now it is even more so.
Hope he and his family get as much time together as possible.

Eight

wife is from washington, multiple udub alums in family, two brother-in-laws are dawg alums and ticket holders.

one of petersen's sons did have i believe cancer when young, but i was under the impression that right now isn't an issue

petersen does not seek the media spot light and this came up when he talked with usc about their job when still at boise. additionally, he didn't like to have to continually beat the drum for the huskies and why they belonged in the cfp.

he is a bit of a purist in believing this all should be decided on the field and not a hotel conference room.

petersen and his staff had a great deal of work to do behind the scenes when they came to seattle because of some big character issues they inherited from sarkisian.

one big example is marcus peters who was a straight running thug at washington and didn't finish 2014 season. apparently on more than one occasion peters and jimmy lake had to be separated in practice and team class rooms.

additionally, petersen is a very straight error in recruiting and the thought that he has grown tired of some of the crap that has happened in recent years. an example is a highly regarded linebacker from washington who needed to take an additional high school class to be admitted in uw and ends up at alabama or some rumblings about some crap pulled by cristobol at oregon.

finally, petersen has a different set of priorities than most head football coaches. he wants to win, he is highly competitive, but talking to families we know who had sons that left the houston area to go play for him at boise, petersen doesn't want to be known primarily as a great football coach.

both sets of parents had no qualms having their sons go to school that farm from home based upon the impression petersen made on them as a person.

so, thought in seattle is he came to this decision not based on one thing, but multiples. very possible he might never return as they can see him finding other things to challenge himself outside of football

he also left huskie football to one of his guys. lake has been with him a very long time, their defense has actually been the bedrock of the program, and they have a solid young team and a great recruiting class on paper.