• The KillerFrogs

Center Play

FrogLifeYo

I am not sure why the change was made, but I think Gaynor being moved to Center has been HUGE. No more low, delayed snaps and we are actually making yards up the middle. Too bad he is a Senior.
Agreed...It’s been noticeably better...Two weeks in a row we’ve actually seen reasonably good OL play..

Wexahu

I am not sure why the change was made, but I think Gaynor being moved to Center has been HUGE. No more low, delayed snaps and we are actually making yards up the middle. Too bad he is a Senior.

I think the previous center snapped the ball very well all season. It was what happened afterwards that was problematic.

MTfrog5

I may be wrong but I think it was Gaynor who was snapping it low vs Baylor. He got it fixed. I don’t believe Hollins ever had an issue.
Hollins was benched in the 3rd I think for low snaps and not snapping the ball. Gaynor came in to replace him. We will need Collins next year unless they move Harris to center

Punter1

Harris has been MIA since the OU game I think. Lots of guards and centers have played ahead of gun since. He hurt or is it a performance issue??

4 Oaks Frog

I think the previous center snapped the ball very well all season. It was what happened afterwards that was problematic.
Did you watch earlier games this season? Snaps went left or right, low or high almost every time. Snaps like that slow down the entire offense. Plus he couldn’t block your sister. A better center has helped what happens after the snap tremendously. Thus, better O line play.
GO FROGS!
BEAT ? (Yay)!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

Wexahu

Did you watch earlier games this season? Snaps went left or right, low or high almost every time. Snaps like that slow down the entire offense. Plus he couldn’t block your sister. A better center has helped what happens after the snap tremendously. Thus, better O line play.
GO FROGS!
BEAT ? (Yay)!

I’ve watched every play of every game and I’ve thought the snapping has been fine all season with the obvious exception being the first half of the Baylor game. In fact I noticed early in the year almost every snap was quick, fast, and right in SRs hands and pointed that out on here. Quite a few people “liked” that comment for what it’s worth.

4 Oaks Frog

I’ve watched every play of every game and I’ve thought the snapping has been fine all season with the obvious exception being the first half of the Baylor game. In fact I noticed early in the year almost every snap was quick, fast, and right in SRs hands and pointed that out on here. Quite a few people “liked” that comment for what it’s worth.
You are so easy to set off, and congrats on your likes. I, too, have seen every play of every game and saw thing differently than you. I realize you are the authority on all things, but I with all due respect, I say you are wrong on this one.
GO FROGS!
BEAT...!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]

Wexahu

You are so easy to set off, and congrats on your likes. I, too, have seen every play of every game and saw thing differently than you. I realize you are the authority on all things, but I with all due respect, I say you are wrong on this one.
GO FROGS!
BEAT...!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]

I’m not set off at all. My point about my likes was that apparently I wasn’t the only one who thought so, so my opinion probably wasn’t totally out of line. Let’s just agree to disagree on this one, no big deal. It’s good that we got our snapping issues solved I guess.

froggolf65

When we gained possession on offense we would huddle up on the sideline with about 30 guys. The offense would run on field and Hollins would run to the other end of the sideline every time getting as far away as possible. It was very strange and not sure if it was superstition or what but he was never near the plays on the sideline to sub in at all.

4 Oaks Frog

I’m not set off at all. My point about my likes was that apparently I wasn’t the only one who thought so, so my opinion probably wasn’t totally out of line. Let’s just agree to disagree on this one, no big deal. It’s good that we got our snapping issues solved I guess.
Merry Christmas! ...and congrats on the big tosu win.
GO FROGS!
BEAT those guys!

Eight

i am not sure what happened the last few games, but gaynor went from a guy who looked overmatched at guard to an effective player at center

not going to confuse him with dwight stephenson or dave remmington at center, but snaps were good for the most part, penetration inside was stemmed, and i don't recall too many cases of defenders getting turned loose on gray.

wes harris also looked decent last night which was a big step up and hope for next year.

funny how much better an offense can look when you can control your interior line and run a bit.

y2kFrog

Hollins was benched in the 3rd I think for low snaps and not snapping the ball. Gaynor came in to replace him. We will need Collins next year unless they move Harris to center

Joey Hunt struggled big time in 2013 including all kinds of wild snaps. He went on to become a great C. Hopefully Hollins will follows the same path.

Last edited:

y2kFrog

amazing how much better the O line was with this change, just wish the staff would have figured it out before the 11th game but better late than never

It also took until the 11th game that Reagor should be the focal point of the offense. That cost us at least 2 wins this year.