• The KillerFrogs

CCG weekend thread

Pharm Frog

I just thank the Lord that TCU somehow managed to beat Baylor this year. Having them in the top four would have been a beating. Although they would have been anhilated by whoever they played in the CFB playoff.

I agree that there is zero chance that the committee stages a Bama - Georgia rematch in the semis. Also glad that Cincy beat Notre Dame head to head. Abesnt that, we would be forced to watch the Irish sneaking in at #4.
I might have actually watched a game with Baylor in it. Sports hate > sports apathy.

Pharm Frog

I’d be very surprised if Alabama or Georgia lose a game against anyone other than each other, but you never know. They are clearly the best teams IMO. What are you gonna do?
You make a great case for eliminating the playoff and return to just the bowl tie-in’s. If it’s so clear then let the AP handle it. Seems that you mr argument is that playoffs of any type are gratuitous.

kodiak

I just thank the Lord that TCU somehow managed to beat Baylor this year. Having them in the top four would have been a beating. Although they would have been anhilated by whoever they played in the CFB playoff.

I agree that there is zero chance that the committee stages a Bama - Georgia rematch in the semis. Also glad that Cincy beat Notre Dame head to head. Abesnt that, we would be forced to watch the Irish sneaking in at #4.
I noticed that the green aggies celebrated the okSt loss by pouring PURPLE Gatorade on their coach.

Wexahu

You make a great case for eliminating the playoff and return to just the bowl tie-in’s. If it’s so clear then let the AP handle it. Seems that you mr argument is that playoffs of any type are gratuitous.
I’m just telling you what I think is gonna happen. I do think the old system had some real positives.

For sure as playoffs are expanded you’re gonna see a lot more games that really just aren’t competitive. I guess get rid of CCGs and just do away with the concept of a conference championship and have an expanded playoff. Not really sure what that accomplishes though, it’s still gonna be the same teams at the end. The probability of that outcome increases as it expands. Cincy is gonna be a semifinal team this year…,.I don’t think there’s much a chance of that happening in, say, a 16-team bracket.

Pharm Frog

I’m just telling you what I think is gonna happen. I do think the old system had some real positives.

For sure as playoffs are expanded you’re gonna see a lot more games that really just aren’t competitive. I guess get rid of CCGs and just do away with the concept of a conference championship and have an expanded playoff. Not really sure what that accomplishes though, it’s still gonna be the same teams at the end. The probability of that outcome increases as it expands. Cincy is gonna be a semifinal team this year…,.I don’t think there’s much a chance of that happening in, say, a 16-team bracket.
So what you’re saying is that Cincinnati is not one of the four best football teams this year. Okay…then the committee is wrong again and should be disbanded.

I’ll tell you what it accomplishes…bracket football. Instead of 3-4 weeks to prepare for a single game you get to play next week and the next if you survive. I might actually care about Washington State v Auburn or Texas A&M versus Penn State and I’d really like to see Army v Utah or Clemson v Oklahoma State when the season is on the line.

gofor2

D2 and D3 have real playoffs - not beauty contests. FBS needs to figure it out.
I should add, any "playoff system" that the BCS v.20 wants to come up with, must include like-scheduling across the board. None of this 8 conference game schedules while others play 9. None of this november bye weeks vs. FCS teams unless everyone does it. Scheduling needs to be consistent across the board. adding more teams isn't the end all, its only a step in the right direction.

Mean Purple

I’d be very surprised if Alabama or Georgia lose a game against anyone other than each other, but you never know. They are clearly the best teams IMO. What are you gonna do?
not writing off anybody this year.
I have watches a lot of big 10 football this year and the Big 10 East had an amazing amount of talent. Michigan looks real good.