• The KillerFrogs

CCG weekend thread

Wexahu

More than likely they are the two best. And they will get to prove it.

I think CFP probably thinks they are the two best too and will want to split them for the semis.

They could just slot them 1-2 but for some reason I don’t think they will.
The only certainty there is is that no matter where they slot the teams, people will complain. Probably a bunch of conspiracy theories too.

bc puckett

It's not hate. It's just boring football. We've seen that matchup already. I'd rather watch two good teams I've not seen before over today, redux.

The goal is to crown the best team, right? So what difference does it really make if one SEC team is dropped in the first round? Get that [ #2020 ] over with.
So watching the 2 best teams in the country play for the NC is boring? Seriously?

GenXFrog

So watching the 2 best teams in the country play for the NC is boring? Seriously?

Do you believe the game will go any differently than we watched just now?

In any case, does it matter if you see it again in the Semis or the final? If Alabama or Georgia is the best, then they will win out.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
I just thank the Lord that TCU somehow managed to beat Baylor this year. Having them in the top four would have been a beating. Although they would have been anhilated by whoever they played in the CFB playoff.

I agree that there is zero chance that the committee stages a Bama - Georgia rematch in the semis. Also glad that Cincy beat Notre Dame head to head. Abesnt that, we would be forced to watch the Irish sneaking in at #4.

bc puckett

Do you believe the game will go any differently than we watched just now?

In any case, does it matter if you see it again in the Semis or the final? If Alabama or Georgia is the best, then they will win out.
But if they split them which I guarantee they will then you could get 3 games that may not “bore” you

Toad Jones

Defense wins championships.

This is why I hate how we are turning our program's identity away from defense.
Times have changed. Most good consistent teams win with defense, offense and special teams.. We're no longer a one dimensional team. Defense was Gary's trade mark amongst his peers and fans.

However they line those four up I feel fairly confident they won’t match up Bama and UGA in the semis.

Scenario 1:
Bama
Mich
UGA
Cincy

Scenario 2:
Mich
Bama
Cincy
UGA

I do think the way you have them ordered is probably how it SHOULD shake out but ESPN has enough sway to keep the SEC from cannibalizing each other in the semi’s.
I agree with your scenarios one and two. It’s too awkward to have Georgia and Bama playing back to back games. So whomever they want to put in the number one seed, Michigan or Bama, dictates how they arrange Georgia and Cincinnati at three and four.

By my rules in my world, Georgia should be dismissed from the playoff because Conference Championship games are part of the playoff—-you lose, you are out. We already know that Alabama beat Georgia but we don't know that Alabama beats Notre Dame, Baylor or whomever is next up. That’s why you play the game on the field, and Georgia just played and lost, and now the next team gets its shot. I know that's not gonna happen but that is what I think is logical by usual thought of sporting competition.

Last edited:
For the couple of people complaining about putting offense first, consider this:

Alabama hung 41 points on a Georgia defense that had allowed an average of less than a touchdown all season. The Tide scored more points in four quarters than Georgia’s opponents had scored in the previous five games combined. Georgia’s defense had allowed an average of 231 yards to their prior 12 opponents; Alabama more than doubled that by running up 536.

bc puckett

I agree with your scenarios one and two. It’s too awkward to have Georgia and Bama playing back to back games. So whoever they want to put in the number one seed, Michigan or Bama, dictates how they arrange Georgia and Cincinnati at three and four.

By my rules in my world, Georgia should be dismissed from the playoff because Conference Championship games are part of the playoff—-you lose, you are out. We already know that Alabama beat Georgia, it is stupid to do it again. We don't know that Alabama beats Notre Dame or Baylor, that's why you play the game on the field. Notre Dame, Baylor or whoever the committee deems next up, would get the four spot. I know that's not gonna happen but that is what I think is logical by usual thought of sporting competition.
I’m glad I don’t live in your world

Horny4TCU

I didn't think Iowa could do it, but man, I wish Michigan would've lost.

I sure hope Cincinnati doesn't get screwed. But at the same time, I wish TCU wouldn't have been screwed in 2014, 2010, and 2009.

tetonfrog

Not really There’s serious talent on that team they just reached the we don’t give a scheiss level long ago. LR will turn that around fairly quickly
LR is gonna find out it is a lot easier calling plays behind an OU OL than a USC OL. That has to be priority #1. And they aren’t much better in the DL.

froglash88

Wex is here to drive up the number of posts… because there is no way he really believes the crap he posts about the 4 team invitational.