• The KillerFrogs

CBS Sports: Gary Danielson: ‘Not Fair To TCU Football Players’

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
CBS Sports: Gary Danielson: ‘Not Fair To TCU Football Players’

This past weekend was an exciting one for college football, but it was exciting because of the final rankings – not because of the games, most of which weren’t even close.

“From the beginning, I thought it was a total joke that they had four TV sets going and watching game tape,” Danielson continued. “I just never understood it. I knew it would come down to deserving. I knew it would come down to the extra game, all things being equal. I feel bad for the TCU football players. I really feel bad for those guys because they were sold a bill of goods.” ...

http://mojo.radio.cbssports.com/2014/12/09/gary-danielson-not-fair-to-tcu-football-players/

TCU2002

Still, it’s hard to argue that Ohio State wasn’t more deserving – and better – than TCU and Baylor. The Buckeyes won 11 straight games, won an outright Big Ten title, handled Michigan State with ease in East Lansing and obliterated Wisconsin on a national stage.

Seriously? 

TCUFrogs

That guy, former lame Detroit QB, is a SEC commentator....thanks for the patronizing condescension dude. AFTER it doesn't matter and AFTER what you said last weekend?!

FrogSwagSurfin

We need LT and other TCU alumni going to bat for is every year. I heard LT on Mike and Mike yesterday and it was great hearing a voice that would shut up the media. In front of Chris Carter he said the BigTen was below the Big12 and all of them agreed. We and the conference got hosed. Now I don't want LT to jeopardize his job at the NFL but I hope he is very vocal next year.

TCU2002

I have taken the playoff snub with a good amount of equanimity.  I can understand that Ohio State was an inevitable beneficiary of the overall circumstances.  I think the committee was genuinely convinced that TCU was one of the four best teams -- the rankings all year confirm this.  But, they realized they could not ignore Baylor's head to head edge without facing humiliation.  With Ohio State sitting there as an option, they took it, threw Baylor a bone by moving them ahead of TCU finally, and moved on.

What I can NOT accept, and what has really angered me is this ex post facto argument that Ohio State is actually better than TCU or Baylor.  Based on a dog meat Big Ten schedule, with that terrible home loss to Va Tech, and rolling a Wisconsin team that was deeply flawed - compare that to what TCU and Baylor did in Big 12 play and it is just absolutely ridiculous.

TCU is a 3-damn point loss on the road to a top 5 team from being flawless this season.  Ohio State's resume pales.  I can't stand it.

After having been unscrupulously set up as pigeons...it sounds like we are a virtual shoo-in for

the prestigious 'Fickle Finger of Fate' Award.  

tcujsauce

That's the part that sucks so hard about all this. I hate what happened for our kids that busted their ass for a couple years to get this program back to the top. Kids got screwed out of a playoff, Meach got screwed out of a coaching award that should've been a no-brainer for him to get.

The chip on the collective shoulder just turned into a mountain. I feel very sorry for Ole Miss for what is going to happen to them in a couple weeks