• The KillerFrogs

CBS: LaDainian Tomlinson turns 43: Five things you may not know about the Hall of Fame running back

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

LaDainian Tomlinson turns 43: Five things you may not know about the Hall of Fame running back​

Tomlinson was one of the NFL's best players during the 2000s

By Bryan DeArdo

lt.png

With the fifth overall pick in the 2001 draft, the Chargers selected a somewhat obscure running back from TCU by the name of LaDainian Tomlinson. While not everyone knew his name then, Tomlinson quickly became a household name after a breakout rookie season with the Chargers. Over the next decade, the running back known as L.T. would carve out one of the greatest careers in league history.

Read more at https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...not-know-about-the-hall-of-fame-running-back/

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
"Somewhat obscure..." Imbecile. Tell me, imbecile, do you remember a guy named Chris Wienke? Yeah. Nobody else does, either. And if you and your lazy, worthless lickspittles in the SportsMedia bothered to even look like you're doing your jobs, LT wouldn't have been "obscure" in the least but considered to be the best Collegiate runner in a decade, as his Pro career demonstrated.

Happy Birthday, LT!

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I will always remember “watching“ LT‘s amazing game in the fall of 99 over the old frog forum while I was temporary assigned to a task force in Bosnia-Herzegovina over a very shaky Internet connection that kept going in and out yet I was still pounding the desk in happiness for LT as he tore up the field.

dawg

"Somewhat obscure..." Imbecile. Tell me, imbecile, do you remember a guy named Chris Wienke? Yeah. Nobody else does, either.

Happy Birthday, LT!
No doubt. The Heisman committee screws up its pick on a regular basis, but that was one of the most egregious ones. Some dude whose only claim to fame is being “The guy who won the Heisman instead of LaDainian Tomlinson” vs The Goat.

I remember the 406 game; what a performance. Left the student section at halftime to head over to my parents seats and cheer like hell with my dad as LT ripped off long run after long run. Great times. Crazy to think that was 24 years ago.

RufeBruton

"Somewhat obscure..." Imbecile. Tell me, imbecile, do you remember a guy named Chris Wienke? Yeah. Nobody else does, either. And if you and your lazy, worthless lickspittles in the SportsMedia bothered to even look like you're doing your jobs, LT wouldn't have been "obscure" in the least but considered to be the best Collegiate runner in a decade, as his Pro career demonstrated.

Happy Birthday, LT!
Liked for the first class rant and using the word “lickspittle” in that same outstanding rant. Kudos.

Big Frog II

No doubt. The Heisman committee screws up its pick on a regular basis, but that was one of the most egregious ones. Some dude whose only claim to fame is being “The guy who won the Heisman instead of LaDainian Tomlinson” vs The Goat.

I remember the 406 game; what a performance. Left the student section at halftime to head over to my parents seats and cheer like hell with my dad as LT ripped off long run after long run. Great times. Crazy to think that was 24 years ago.
I still have my tickets from that game.