1. The KillerFrogs

Career Opportunities in Fort Worth

Discussion in 'Hell's Half Acre' started by NavySupplyFrog, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Hello Everyone,

Just real quick, I am getting out of the military in about 12 months after ten years. A lot of things have changed and most I don't agree with. We are being given a lot of mandatory trainings that I dont agree with and honestly afftect less than 1% of the military. I feel like tgey are a huge waste of taxpayer dollars. Plus, my wife is trying to get her nurse practitioner career going and hard to do that with us moving every few years.

I also told myself years ago that if I ever got to the point where I did not want to deploy or stand duty I would get out and with three kids growing, that time has definitely come.

I sent in a dont select me for Lieutenant Commander letter because I did not want to take that oppurtunity from someone else that wants/needs it.

My reason for posting is this, I'm a supply officer, i have an MBA in global supply chain management. Ive led hundreds of sailors, managed warehouses on ships and land worth a few hundred million Dollars. Dealt with some contracting. Know how to drive a submarine, not that this is a huge in demand capability but is still cool. Ive been involved with some financial management as well as managed some HAZMAT warehouses. Before the Navy I was the lead trainer for an allergy company and ive always had a job since my junior year in college, mostly working at 2 local targets.

I'm interested in Lockheed Martin, I know they are set up like the military and feel it would be an easy transition. Id like to look at American Airlines but they seem to be in a bit of a debt struggle right now.

Does anyone have any Lockheed Martin experience that they would care to share or know of a company that would be interested in someone with my skill sets? I appreciate any and all insight. Please excuse any tupos as Im writibg this in the car on the way back to Virginia from a D.C. vacation.

Horned Toad, steelfrog, Purp and 3 others like this.
  2. Good luck, Shipmate.

It's easy to understand the PC training getting old. Things have changed a lot (some for the good) since I got out in 2004.

NavySupplyFrog likes this.
  3. #3 CryptoMiner, Jul 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
    I can pilot a kayak

steelfrog and netty2424 like this.
  4. Some things are absolutely for the better. There are a lot of things that are better, some things worse. A lot of reasons going into this decision.

5. Its easy to drive a sub. Not a whole to to hit underwater lol.

6. Thanks for your service. My grandfather was career navy. Shame what they’re doing to our military these days.

My wife works at Lockheed in contracts for the Advanced Development Program.

Feel free to DM me. Would be happy to help in anyway possible.

7. My nephew's father in law is the LM FW military contact and does recruiting for them in management.

DM me and I will connect the two of you.

NavySupplyFrog, Dogfrog and Eight like this.
  8. I don't have Lockheed contacts, but I do know a prior service chAir Force guy who owns an executive recruiting firm specializing in supply chain placements. He could also be a great resource for you if interested. Send me a DM if you want to link up with him.

NavySupplyFrog, YA and Eight like this.
  9. The Metroplex has many 3PL's. Your resume should look real good to flocks of perspective employers. North Texas has relatively little manufacturing as compared to a huge base of distribution.
    Alliance Gateway, DFW Freeport, CenterPort are just a few of the major distribution hubs in or bordering Tarrant County. GSA and FEMA in South Fort Worth would also be possibilities if you're wanting to stay in the public sector. You and your wife are going to do very well!