• The KillerFrogs

Cannon opts out.

Wexahu

How will opting out affect his contract?

I think any player deemed "at risk", which I'm sure he qualifies, gets $350,000 if they opt out. If they aren't at risk I think it's $150k.

Interesting question because the way some of these contracts are structured, annual pay can vary quite a bit.

HG73

I think any player deemed "at risk", which I'm sure he qualifies, gets $350,000 if they opt out. If they aren't at risk I think it's $150k.

Interesting question because the way some of these contracts are structured, annual pay can vary quite a bit.
Thanks

froglash88

Eight

Three-Quarters of Recovered Coronavirus Patients Have Heart Damage Months Later, Study Finds

https://apple.news/A1SRs04GcQ6eqCbRSwxqsbQ

Small sample size, but definitely something that needs to be researched extensively. But the Trumpasaurses will continue to believe what is convenient for themselves regardless of what any study finds.

What are the long term effects of the virus? Something we won’t know for quite a while.

any credibility gets lost with these types of comments

well, that and people magazine being the source

CountryFrog

Three-Quarters of Recovered Coronavirus Patients Have Heart Damage Months Later, Study Finds

https://apple.news/A1SRs04GcQ6eqCbRSwxqsbQ

Small sample size, but definitely something that needs to be researched extensively. But the Trumpasaurses will continue to believe what is convenient for themselves regardless of what any study finds.

What are the long term effects of the virus? Something we won’t know for quite a while.
Your last two sentences are the most important. For all we know COVID-19 has a 50% fatality rate but 98% of those don't occur until 5-10 years after infection. Only problem is, what the hell are we supposed to do in the mean time with a highly contagious disease which has no cure (and may never have a cure) while we wait for the science to catch up?

Froglaw

Sounds awful. Seriously, I guess this is worth a news article and shutting him down, but people deal with health issues ALL THE TIME. I bet everyone here has had a 103 degree fever and a horrible headache and felt like absolute [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] for a few days. It's part of life. Why can we live with all these other things and just accept them as road bumps in life but we can't deal with COVID like rational human beings?

We're 5+ months into this thing, the virus has spread all over the world like wildfire, and thousands of athletes have contracted the virus and I'm not aware of one that was even hospitalized. Are you?

So when he gets Covid he has to die before you think it's risky to play football with his medical condition?

Let's assume he gets it, does not die, but passes it on to his family members. Is that acceptable to you knowing how highly contagious and deadly this disease is?

I miss sports too and I want my football, but I don't want anyone to die so I can have friends over and eat Mamas pizza.

Again, GEEZ!

Eight

So when he gets Covid he has to die before you think it's risky to play football with his medical condition?

Let's assume he gets it, does not die, but passes it on to his family members. Is that acceptable to you knowing how highly contagious and deadly this disease is?

I miss sports too and I want my football, but I don't want anyone to die so I can have friends over and eat Mamas pizza.

Again, GEEZ!

one question. what standard is needed to be reached for it to be acceptable to return to play?

Wexahu

Again, GEEZ!

Marcus is free to do what he wants, I have no problem with his decision at all. It's all a function of how much risk we are willing to accept in life. Your last sentence is just stupid though. 39,000 Americans died in traffic accidents in 2019. I guess you're ok with all those people dying just so you can get where you want to go a little faster? I guess if you're not lobbying for the banning of cars and the shutting down of roads you don't care about those people, right?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
one question. what standard is needed to be reached for it to be acceptable to return to play?
Additionally (for extra credit!), how does the hypothetical answer square with other known diseases, far deadlier in nature than the CCP virus, which are transmittable via contact sports?

ifrog

Marcus is free to do what he wants, I have no problem with his decision at all. It's all a function of how much risk we are willing to accept in life. Your last sentence is just stupid though. 39,000 Americans died in traffic accidents in 2019. I guess you're ok with all those people dying just so you can get where you want to go a little faster? I guess if you're not lobbying for the banning of cars and the shutting down of roads you don't care about those people, right?

Since you called a lawyer stupid what is your argument for the fact that traffic accidents aren’t contagious?

Tumbleweed

Anyone know if Marcus moves back to Dallas or where for that matter? Andy told me four maybe five years ago he considered Marcus a really good friend. You could listen to him talk about Marcus and knew they were close. Andy you know moved to Dallas a short while back.