• The KillerFrogs

Can we add Finebaum as a profanity filter replacement word

An-Cap Frog

They lost by double digits to the two ranked opponents they played. Their big win is against Auburn who has 6 losses.

Northwestern is 1-10
Indiana 4-7
Maryland 6-5
Rutgers 4-7

Purdue and Minnesota are both 7-4. I don't care what the advanced analytics say. Penn State is nothing to write home about.
The toughest part about college football is that there are so few data points that it makes it hard to evaluate teams. PSU lost it's toughest games, so clearly they are not as good as the teams that they lost to. However, all their wins were to crap teams. So they are somewhere between not a great team and not a crap team...

Wexahu

The toughest part about college football is that there are so few data points that it makes it hard to evaluate teams. PSU lost it's toughest games, so clearly they are not as good as the teams that they lost to. However, all their wins were to crap teams. So they are somewhere between not a great team and not a crap team...
They are beating those other Big 10 teams by an average of 25 points. Average teams just don’t consistently beat crap teams by that much. And they beat Auburn by 29 points at Auburn. I know Auburn isn’t good, but average teams don’t beat them by that kind of margin. I think it’s safe to say they are way better than “average”.

An-Cap Frog

They are beating those other Big 10 teams by an average of 25 points. Average teams just don’t consistently beat crap teams by that much. And they beat Auburn by 29 points at Auburn. I know Auburn isn’t good, but average teams don’t beat them by that kind of margin. I think it’s safe to say they are way better than “average”.
Half of their wins are to schools that fired their coaches...

DeuceBoogieNights

OK, above average... I know you enjoy Big Ten football, and I think OSU and Michigan are good teams, but you can't get me on board with Penn State.

An-Cap Frog

It is also hard when these teams play crap in non-con and then in their 24 team conference get to play the 4 teams in last place...they are all 7-4 without having to change the sheets...then they lose all their tough games and then we are left trying to rank them? Everyone you beat has wins over Northwestern, Nebraska, Rutgers, a MAC team, and a directional school. At some point, if you want to be ranked, you have to win games that matter...

CountryFrog

Forget Penn St, I have no clue how good Michigan is. They could beat Ohio St by 40 on Saturday or lose by 40 and I wouldn't be shocked because I don't have a scheissing clue how good they are. They clearly don't suck but relative to other top 25 teams I have no idea where they stack up.

An-Cap Frog

Forget Penn St, I have no clue how good Michigan is. They could beat Ohio St by 40 on Saturday or lose by 40 and I wouldn't be shocked because I don't have a scheissing clue how good they are. They clearly don't suck but relative to other top 25 teams I have no idea where they stack up.
Well, they're better than PSU...

An-Cap Frog

This will be Michigan's 4th road game of the season...that's right 4th.

The other 3...@ Iowa, @ Indiana, @ Rutgers...this team has not been tested at all...

This is their 5th game after their BYE week.

Wexahu

It is also hard when these teams play crap in non-con and then in their 24 team conference get to play the 4 teams in last place...they are all 7-4 without having to change the sheets...then they lose all their tough games and then we are left trying to rank them? Everyone you beat has wins over Northwestern, Nebraska, Rutgers, a MAC team, and a directional school. At some point, if you want to be ranked, you have to win games that matter...
Kansas State is #12 and hasn't beaten a team that is currently ranked all year.....and lost to Tulane at home. And beat Iowa State by a point.