• The KillerFrogs

Cam Newton bribe recording

Goo

Despite having friend who I know turned tape into NCAA.....it appears Newton will not be investigated until after the season.....ala Reggie Bush.

D

Daniel Plainview

Despite having friend who I know turned tape into NCAA.....it appears Newton will not be investigated until after the season.....ala Reggie Bush.

of course, did anyone think it would work out any other way?

If I were a betting man, I would say this is going to turn out exactly like reggie bush.

Auburn should get the death penalty if they are a part of this.

Tusk

of course, did anyone think it would work out any other way?

If I were a betting man, I would say this is going to turn out exactly like reggie bush.

Auburn should get the death penalty if they are a part of this.

I completely agree. This story is not going to go away. It has become quiet, but I suppose the involvement of the FBI has influenced this.

I am no expert, but I would expect that Auburn will be officially notified in the Spring that their football program is being investigated.

DannyAdelante

I am against the death penalty in football in almost all cases, but I think it would be warranted here.
Georgia WR AJ Green was suspended for four games for selling HIS OWN jersey. USC RB Dillon Baxter was suspended one game for taking a ride in a golf cart with a "potential agent" - who is a student at USC. Marvin Austin and Weslye Saunders, both All-Americans, were kicked off North Carolina and South Carolina for accepting "gifts" from potential agents. The NCAA ordered Ian Johnson to stop selling beanie hats that he'd knitted in 2006 because it was a violation of NCAA rules!

Taking all of that into consideration, and comparing that to Cam Newton, I think it's clear that Newton's alleged violation is much more serious. And the fact that Auburn continued to play him, when most other schools suspend their players for much smaller violations, shows complete disregard for NCAA rules and precedent. I think the hammer will come down extremely hard on the program.

Goo

Does anyone else find it funny that ESPN is premiering Pony Exce$$ immediately after Heisman award.

Cam Newton wins Heisman and ESPN uses it as segue into documentary on paying college football players

scaled.jpg

HornedFrog4Life

Its settled then. My first child will be named Goo Kennedy. However, I was holding out to name him Andy Kerley or Gary Bumpass. Goo Kennedy sounds better.

Yes sir there was.....That is probably my oldest reccollection of attending TCU
events as a child. I can remember going to the games and keeping score on a
3x5 index card. Goo Kennedy, Evans Royal, (younger btoher Lynn came in later),
Ricky Hall, Herb Stephens (works with or did for the FWISD). Rick Wintebreaker
(sp), Coco Viilareal, Gary Landers, and Big Bill Bozeat. Also remember watching Mickey
McCarty play about that time. Oh yeah, another great name Simpson Degrate.

Oh man, those were fun times for me. I was probably 7 or 8 years old, sneaking
in hot dogs each game.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
"Controversy" generates viewers/ratings.

Before the Heisman (owned by ESPN) is awarded, nothing but positive coverage of Scam. "How could anyone not cast their vote for this fine young man?" Etcetera...

After the Heisman is awarded to Scam, they'll have their Reynaud moment: "We're shocked! Shocked that Scam and his Dad ran a pay-for-play game with Auburn!" Coverage will go negative, and the debate will shift to withdrawing the Heisman.

Controversy. Ratings. Money.

ESPN.

Big Frog II

I'm not sure who I am more disappointed with, Cam Newton or the NCAA.

If Cam Newton were playing for any other team not named Oregon or Auburn, would be still be eligible?

Goo

The Saga continues. My source things Bell is getting tired of NCAA sitting on tape and everyone harassing him to release it publically so he may just release it.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/02/its_past_time_for_john_bond_an.html

asleep003

Yes sir there was.....That is probably my oldest reccollection of attending TCU
events as a child. I can remember going to the games and keeping score on a
3x5 index card. Goo Kennedy, Evans Royal, (younger btoher Lynn came in later),
Ricky Hall, Herb Stephens (works with or did for the FWISD). Rick Wintebreaker
(sp), Coco Viilareal, Gary Landers, and Big Bill Bozeat. Also remember watching Mickey
McCarty play about that time. Oh yeah, another great name Simpson Degrate.

Oh man, those were fun times for me. I was probably 7 or 8 years old, sneaking
in hot dogs each game.

How could you have included Evans Royal and almost left out Simpson Degrate...?... Cheers!