• The KillerFrogs

Cam Newton bribe recording

Goo

Nothing against you Goo...

But am I the only one that thinks Goo read this on some other board and then posted it on here?

You just really can't handle it wheneve I have breaking story. What are the chances that none of the 35,000 people viewing this didn't see it on another board? I just had a friend who is close with Bill Bell. Just admit you are wrong and give props to Goo, again.

stevenewilson

A VERY good question someone should ask the NCAA investigative body if the reports are true that Miss St sent all this to them in January.....

As for your 2nd point, I was with you when the initial reports came out that seemed like it was his father and some secondary party that initiated/ran this pay to play scandle. In that case, he could have just been a kid that was overwhelmed by the recruiting process and left it to his father and another "adult" to manage. You can feel for a young man in that situation. Now that it also looks like Cam himself was involved, (AGAIN assuming there is truth to the allegations,) then he is guilty and he deserves any punishment he gets from this.

I talked to a reliable SEC friend yesterday who has access to the AD's office at Miss St. He said SEC teams are required to first go to the SEC with any alleged rule violations which is what Miss St. did in January. They are not allowed to go directly to the NCAA. The SEC sat on it because they do everything possible to cover up problems keep their precious teams out of trouble. The SEC is easily the most corrupt conference in college sports. When Jon Bond started talking however, the SEC turned it over to the NCAA. At that point they didn't have a choice. My friend confirmed that there are taped recording of Cam and his father and that they were just recently handed over to the NCAA. It will all come out in the end but knowing the way the system works, it probably won't be until after the season is over. Auburn will lose to Alabama anyway and TCU will play in the NCG. If all true it will be sad but if he cheats and steals then why wouldn't he take money? I undertand innocent until proven guilty but there is clearly a pattern here.

TCUFrogs

I talked to a reliable SEC friend yesterday who has access to the AD's office at Miss St. He said SEC teams are required to first go to the SEC with any alleged rule violations which is what Miss St. did in January. They are not allowed to go directly to the NCAA. The SEC sat on it because they do everything possible to cover up problems keep their precious teams out of trouble. The SEC is easily the most corrupt conference in college sports. When Jon Bond started talking however, the SEC turned it over to the NCAA. At that point they didn't have a choice. My friend confirmed that there are taped recording of Cam and his father and that they were just recently handed over to the NCAA. It will all come out in the end but knowing the way the system works, it probably won't be until after the season is over. Auburn will lose to Alabama anyway and TCU will play in the NCG. If all true it will be sad but if he cheats and steals then why wouldn't he take money? I undertand innocent until proven guilty but there is clearly a pattern here.

If the NCAA has hard evidence in the form of a recording of this, it could expedite the case. If the NCAA is diligent on it, that is.

ESPN is now reporting that the FBI is involved and has already interviewed at least one of the people involved.

Goo

Then this is the second source that says tapes exist. I think they will come out.

TCUFrogs

Attny Lester Munson on ESPN just said that the FBI may be considering extortion (Cecil Newton demanding money for LOI) and wire and mail fraud (trail of evidence?)

ACroofrog

I would imagine he plays Auburn is already screwed if Newton is eventually ruled ineligable so there is no reason for them to not play him now they just have to hope the NCAA drags its feet like the SEC did. Which by the way if what FFL said about the SEC not turning this over to the NCAA when they got the info in January is true then the NCAA better do something about that too because that is ridiculous.

ACroofrog

Hypothetically, anyone know what would happen if the NCAA rules Newton ineligible on Dec. 6?

Hmm thats a good question I dont know how they would handle that, but I would assume if the NCAA is ready to rule on December 6th they would realize how messy that would be and would announce before the Bowls are all set but heck with the NCAA you never know.

FrogAbroad

I would imagine he plays Auburn is already screwed if Newton is eventually ruled ineligable so there is no reason for them to not play him now they just have to hope the NCAA drags its feet like the SEC did. Which by the way if what FFL said about the SEC not turning this over to the NCAA when they got the info in January is true then the NCAA better do something about that too because that is ridiculous.

Take it easy on the NCAA, those people are 'way overworked.

I mean, counting the pages in a media guide is tedious, man.

Houston Frog

Hypothetically, anyone know what would happen if the NCAA rules Newton ineligible on Dec. 6?
I would assume (and this is only an assumption) that if Newton was ruled ineligible, that would mean that Auburn's wins this season would be vacated and Auburn would be ineligible to play in a bowl game. At that point, the BCS Title Game would then take the 3rd ranked team.

At least, that's what makes sense to me