• The KillerFrogs

Calling out players

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Calling out players on killer frogs is a myth. Change my mind.
It's happened. That's why the rule was established. When things are going well, it's rarely a problem. When they aren't, people look for someone to blame

Chico Dusty

I hate this argument. So can you not criticize anything that you've never done? I can't insult a movie because I never acted in a major motion picture? Can I not criticize a politicians views because I've never been the mayor of a city?

I'm not disagreeing with you that we should be calling out players, I just hate the argument of 'if you've never been on that level then you can't criticize'

I hear ya - and agree with your point. And it’s not black and white as I made it seem. I was addressing the insults. Constructive criticism is okay. And furthermore, I think collegiate and pro has a different set of parameters. But to degrade a player on the team that you love and support - makes me scratch my head. The he sucks, he shouldn’t be on the field or the team type comments, etc I think are weak and usually a reflection of deficiencies in someone’s own life that they feel the need to chop someone down.

YA

I don't sit on this board 24/7 hand read every post.

I you see something, bring it to my attention. I'll deal with it. And I do my best, as do the moderators, to apply the rules evenly and fairly, no matter if they are a friend or anyone else. If that's not good enough, my phone number is 817.727.3075. Call me and we'll discuss it. I can't be any more open than that and you're still not satisfied, maybe the problem is with you
okay thanks

Paint It Purple

Hi Everyone. I am the "other owner". When talking about a player, just be respectful. You can certainly have an opinion (this is an opinion board) but don't be mean or spiteful. I feel like, sometimes, things are said about a player, in a misguided effort to make a dig at another poster. We can't lose sight that there is a young player, who is the subject of these threads, who may be reading this.

Just reread your post from the perspective of the kid's parent or the kid himself.

Or, ask yourself if would you say, what you were posting, if you were in person versus behind a keyboard? That's always a good litmus test, that sometimes I forget to follow ;/ during emotional times. We've all been there, but we have to be more disciplined.

As far as comments about Coaches. Coaches are adults, so there is a difference. It doesn't mean I agree with the negativity. The posts that you don't agree with present a good opportunity for you to defend or present the other side.

We will not allow for lies or false accusations that could hurt TCU's good name and reputation. TCU and KF monitor that as closely as possible and will delete posts when needed.

Allowing it to stay DOES NOT mean that "Wes and the new owner must agree with what Steel posts", nor do we necessarily agree or disagree with anything that anyone posts.

Regarding the athletic department. We support each other. We are nothing without TCU and there is much more to KillerFrogs than just the opinions on this board. Your opinions reflect yourself.

As for the other boards growing at the expense of KFC. I hope the other boards are growing because of the existence of KF We need them all to grow. It's good for all of us. As far as an expense to KFC? We are growing and we will continue to grow as long as we have our posters' opinions and the support of TCU. Of course, winning teams always help, too!

Thank you and Go Frogs!
I call BS on the Steel front. Move that garbage to a steel’s garbage bin. That nonsense is mental illness on display. No censor, just move it. Otherwise you’re exposed as click hounds