• The KillerFrogs

Calling out players

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Don't do it!

It's been a long-standing rule for this site and while I know that everybody gets emotionally wrapped up in a
a loss or an ugly win, it's no excuse start picking on our players.

We're not Aggies and we're not Longhorns, so lets don't act like them

Comprende?

Zubaz

In the interest of clarity, can you give an example of what's OK and what is not?

E.g. "Shawn is a liability out there and going to cost us games. He needs to be benched", is that OK or no?

(I don't believe that at all, just posting an example)

4th. down

Don't do it!

It's been a long-standing rule for this site and while I know that everybody gets emotionally wrapped up in a

Comprende?

Good.

Chieves

Hey, I know that this rule exists, but I clearly have a correct opinion and should be allowed to be the exception (because I am so smart, you see). Can I please make a thread exclusively telling a young adult that is in the top 1% of athletes in the US that they, in fact, suck?

Chico Dusty

This is a good quote...

I think it’s bush league to call out a player no matter how much he’s underperforming. The only criticism, is my opinion, that could be valid is from someone who has played at that level. But unless you’ve been there, done that, it’s ridiculous to call out a player out there trying to make something happen.

BABYFACE

I am not saying someone should call out a player and don’t like to see demeaning criticism towards them.

But, discussing if a player should sit for a few series over turnovers is not calling out imo. Also, I don't see anything wrong with discussing a position battle and who one would like to see get some more PT. Example: Small vs Simmons. Niko is a very smart and good player, but I also like what Markell has done filling in.

In the end, this is just a fan board full of a variety of opinions.

SuperTFrog

In the interest of clarity, can you give an example of what's OK and what is not?

E.g. "Shawn is a liability out there and going to cost us games. He needs to be benched", is that OK or no?

(I don't believe that at all, just posting an example)
Having this answered would be helpful. I often don’t know what crosses the threshold so the litmus test could be “if I have to ask it is probably too far”.

Froglaw

Don't do it!

Comprende?

Scru that

I'm still mad at Mike Freeze

McFroggin

I also don’t understand exactly what qualifies as calling out players.

If I say that Anderson is the better RB and Sewo needs to take a backseat, am I breaking rules?

Can’t ever critique a player?