• The KillerFrogs

Bye Cumbie

The TCU Football Jerk

The problem Wog68, when was the last time you heard of a university firing a head coach who has a full size statue standing in front of the stadium?

You money whip him into 'retiring'. That's how you handle those things. Treat him like the winningest coach in TCU history. With, grace, honor, dignity and class. If he's too psychology unsound to receive that treatment then you can him treat him like you would any other coach who needs to be fired regardless of the statue out front. I hope the powers that be at the university don't worry about a dayum statue when making their decisions.

The TCU Football Jerk

I hate to root for a dude to get fired because he seems like a good dude and has kids, but at the end of the day we gotta be able to score more.

You don't make hiring and firing decisions based on feelings man. Making decisions based on feelings are one of the core problems in the world today. And he's made good money. Hopefully he was smart enough to save some. And he'll get another coaching job somewhere.

Eight

If OU gives up 345 yds of offense we will end up with the number 1 defense for the 4th time in 7 years in the big 12 with never finishing outside of the top 3. This is GP’s team and it is his job to figure out the offense. Get that fixed and we are going to start killing people again.

i hate the obsession with the freaking total defense rankings.

the only two things that matter are do you hold your opponent to fewer points than you score and do you get stops when it matters

this game summed up the entire season, bad offense, poor throws, dropped passes, stupid penalties that killed you on offense and defense, and in the end the frogs could not make the plays they needed on either side of the ball

truth be told this game reminded me a great deal of the kstate loss this year in how the game played out and the failure to make plays in the end

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
For those of us mossbacked enough to remember, Bill Koehler got the Board to choose GMFP over Bob Davie, who was the other candidate in the running. Like Pat Sullivan, Davie was a good speaker and socially acceptable...

GMFP isn't a polished orator, or a socially gifted gladhander. Like the old lyric goes, "I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend." He has had to learn gladhanding, putting up with the social demands, and schmoozing in general. He's happier breaking down film and chewing on others. He's a savant, and an introvert.

I hold GMFP to be a genius. Like many so gifted, he may lack in other areas, but in his area of expertise he is rarely rivaled. One of the areas in which he suffers is in friendship: it is hard for an introvert to make friends, and difficult to trust strangers. Firing old friends, and replacing them with strangers is terribly difficult. But, the evidence is there that some simply cannot do the job. Even the most willfully blind cannot miss it.

I have seen Head Coaches come and go at TCU. Jim Wacker was a gem that they let go. GMFP has been the most successful Coach we have had since Dutch. The impulse to act rashly on recent events is strong in these sad times. It is important to remember how we got here, and to think for the long term about where we are going.

Koehler chose wisely. GMFP has been a good steward of this Program. He has, in fact, made it what it is. No one knows better what needs to be done than he. Let him do his job.

smufrogger

if you listened to Gary last night and recently, he is in denial. Dang stubborn too. If he’s not willing to make changes needed to win, then yes FlyFish, he should go.
If he mAkes no changes in offensive personnel, then the school needs to let the t year play out and put it all in Gary’s hands as to success or failure- as much as he’s done for TCU he has earned a long leash but he definitely is reaching the end of it.
The sparse attendance yesterday with zero fan involvement should greatly concern the ad.
Heck I’ve been going to Amon Carter for 40 years and yesterday’s game put me back to the early 80s. Only then we had fans between the 30 yards.
Crazy how empty the west side prime seats are. The only seats filled are the cheap seats

For those of us mossbacked enough to remember, Bill Koehler got the Board to choose GMFP over Bob Davie, who was the other candidate in the running. Like Pat Sullivan, Davie was a good speaker and socially acceptable...

GMFP isn't a polished orator, or a socially gifted gladhander. Like the old lyric goes, "I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend." He has had to learn gladhanding, putting up with the social demands, and schmoozing in general. He's happier breaking down film and chewing on others. He's a savant, and an introvert.

I hold GMFP to be a genius. Like many so gifted, he may lack in other areas, but in his area of expertise he is rarely rivaled. One of the areas in which he suffers is in friendship: it is hard for an introvert to make friends, and difficult to trust strangers. Firing old friends, and replacing them with strangers is terribly difficult. But, the evidence is there that some simply cannot do the job. Even the most willfully blind cannot miss it.

I have seen Head Coaches come and go at TCU. Jim Wacker was a gem that they let go. GMFP has been the most successful Coach we have had since Dutch. The impulse to act rashly on recent events is strong in these sad times. It is important to remember how we got here, and to think for the long term about where we are going.

Koehler chose wisely. GMFP has been a good steward of this Program. He has, in fact, made it what it is. No one knows better what needs to be done than he. Let him do his job.
I thought Mack Brown’s brother Watson was the leading candidate?

flyfishingfrog

I also think people totally ignore the reality of how we have benefitted from 1) his loyalty that gets used against so often and 2) his awkwardness in high profile public situations that many use to rag on

without those two things - he would have left us for a “better” job a decade or more ago

flyfishingfrog

If he mAkes no changes in offensive personnel, then the school needs to let the t year play out and put it all in Gary’s hands as to success or failure- as much as he’s done for TCU he has earned a long leash but he definitely is reaching the end of it.
The sparse attendance yesterday with zero fan involvement should greatly concern the ad.
Heck I’ve been going to Amon Carter for 40 years and yesterday’s game put me back to the early 80s. Only then we had fans between the 30 yards.
Crazy how empty the west side prime seats are. The only seats filled are the cheap seats
WVU, wet, cold, the day after Thanksgiving and 5-6 were all contributors to that

yes winning can overcome most of that but so could have the B12 scheduling Baylor instead of WVU the last week

smufrogger

WVU, wet, cold, the day after Thanksgiving and 5-6 were all contributors to that

yes winning can overcome most of that but so could have the B12 scheduling Baylor instead of WVU the last week

Does it change the fact that the west side prime seats are empty so often? That wasn’t an issue even back in the dismal days of the early 80s

flyfishingfrog

Does it change the fact that the west side prime seats are empty so often? That wasn’t an issue even back in the dismal days of the early 80s
The west side issues are well documented and our record is probably #10 on the list of problems

the club was packed yesterday- just only about half ever went into the wet to sit in their seats

but we still have too many big donors with a ton of seats that are never going to be consistently filled except against the top tier opponents

even the tOSU broadcast guys are complaining there are too many Michigan fans in the big house- so everyone has issues

Pharm Frog

I also think people totally ignore the reality of how we have benefitted from 1) his loyalty that gets used against so often and 2) his awkwardness in high profile public situations that many use to rag on

without those two things - he would have left us for a “better” job a decade or more ago
And his eccentric interviewing style which is related to your #2 reason

JAB331

Worth noting that the Missouri staff was just fired
Yup, teams with better offensive production than us are cleaning house, that just shows how far we have to go. Half measures are not enough, need a full OC who can bring in their whole staff. I'm watching football today and it's very clear that our defense is on caliber with the top teams, but our offense is like a bad mid-major team.

BleedNPurple

1.When I saw the rain forecast yesterday I was thinking back to that Clemson game where AD ran all over them. I was hoping we would turn Max into our main running back yesterday and between his runs and our two great backs open up some passing lanes. We passed way too much yesterday as usual and it didn’t work. Max should have busted off a hundred yards yesterday and kept our defense off the field.

2. I was sorry when Sonny Dykes left - I was thinking there’s our OC and game day Asst Head Coach.