• The KillerFrogs

building from this game, what do you want to see from this team?

I mainly want to see us continue to run the ball and play great defense. If that’s our identity this year let’s keep excelling at it. I think the pass game will come organically as teams focus on the run and the QBs develop. Don’t overthink the passing game. We aren’t that far off from being serviceable. That might be all we need this year.

Eight

That has always astounded me about the position: How in the hell does a player somehow translate all that knowledge into instinctive action?

I am reminded of Willie Nelson's explanation of a golf lesson: "Now, spread your feet about shoulder width apart. Bend your knees slightly. Hold your hands out. Bend your elbows just a little. Grip the club with your left hand here, and your right there. Bend your back a little. Put your weight on your heels. (Much more humorous explanation follows, some contradictory...) Oh, and relax."

How the hell do you relax and let good decisions flow forth? I wonder about Delton, and his seeming over-thinking on every play. Is he simply burdened by the amount of information and struggling to find the right receiver? Overwhelmed and simply focusing on one guy to the exclusion of all others? Duggan doesn't seem to have trouble finding guys to throw to, but has a little hesitation in pulling the trigger. The ball, however, takes little time to get there!

answer that question and you will have every coach willing to pay for your services.

funny how all the physical skill in the world can be rendered useless as the old soviet union's icbm arsenal if you don't play with composure and confidence.

casey is the perfect example to me. he was just never the same player after he came back for rehab and then the broken arm.

before he was freaking fearless. up in boise he underthrows carter on a go route that gets intercepted no big deal. next drive out he comes back and makes the thrown the next time for the winning score.

all we need is for max to realize he more than has enough arm talent to win at this level. is smart enough, and just needs to trust the scheme and his talent. that's simple right...............................

Froggish

answer that question and you will have every coach willing to pay for your services.

funny how all the physical skill in the world can be rendered useless as the old soviet union's icbm arsenal if you don't play with composure and confidence.

casey is the perfect example to me. he was just never the same player after he came back for rehab and then the broken arm.

before he was freaking fearless. up in boise he underthrows carter on a go route that gets intercepted no big deal. next drive out he comes back and makes the thrown the next time for the winning score.

all we need is for max to realize he more than has enough arm talent to win at this level. is smart enough, and just needs to trust the scheme and his talent. that's simple right...............................

Coaches have a way putting the fear in the fearless...All the off season talk about how SRob pissed away the season by turning it over and how the QBs have to protect the ball probably has them a little fearful. Not to
Mention it appears the leash is incredibly short..

Eight

Coaches have a way putting the fear in the fearless...All the off season talk about how SRob pissed away the season by turning it over and how the QBs have to protect the ball probably has them a little fearful. Not to
Mention it appears the leash is incredibly short..

self fulfilling prophesy

Froggish

self fulfilling prophesy

I’m less than thrilled with the way GP and Sonny are handling this QB thing. Slowly bring a guy a long is one thing, but making him to feel that one mistake will get you a clip board and a front row ticket to watch the “other” guy doesn’t seem constructive. If the staff has seen enough out of Duggan to give 85% of the reps, they really should anoint him the starter and begin stamping him with their vote of confidence.

I hope that happens after this week..

I’m less than thrilled with the way GP and Sonny are handling this QB thing. Slowly bring a guy a long is one thing, but making him to feel that one mistake will get you a clip board and a front row ticket to watch the “other” guy doesn’t seem constructive. If the staff has seen enough out of Duggan to give 85% of the reps, they really should anoint him the starter and begin stamping him with their vote of confidence.

I hope that happens after this week..
I could be wrong but really don't have the impression that one mistake and you're out is the case at this point. The fact that they let him play the entire second half with some ups and downs seemed more to me like they were trying to let him work it out by getting as many reps as possible.

Froggish

I could be wrong but really don't have the impression that one mistake and you're out is the case at this point. The fact that they let him play the entire second half with some ups and downs seemed more to me like they were trying to let him work it out by getting as many reps as possible.

Then Why not just come out and say you are easing Duggan into the starting roll? Why continue with the “competition” rhetoric..I think that’s a good way to hurt morale.

Wexahu

Then Why not just come out and say you are easing Duggan into the starting roll? Why continue with the “competition” rhetoric..I think that’s a good way to hurt morale.

I would guess that the staff was very glad that Delton transferred in, they really like his attitude and his leadership, they thought he'd be a better player, and there are some differing opinions on how to handle the situation. The question I have is why is Delton apparently being given every opportunity to play and Collins continues to be kind of out of the picture?

asleep003

Move Collins into the 2 deep at QB. Find the best 6 good hands WR/TEs that can run the routes and block.. Not to be over concerned with speed and/or height. We need those 2010 clutch 2 deep WR types playing most all game long.

Last edited:

Eight

I would guess that the staff was very glad that Delton transferred in, they really like his attitude and his leadership, they thought he'd be a better player, and there are some differing opinions on how to handle the situation. The question I have is why is Delton apparently being given every opportunity to play and Collins continues to be kind of out of the picture?

i get the impression that delton is being used as a hedge in the event duggan blows up or maybe his being a 5th year senior is a security blanket for the staff.

collins is a good question, but that goes back to no one really knowing the health status of players once the season starts for tcu.

is he well enough to practice? is he well enough to play? the same with baldwin?

asleep003

i get the impression that delton is being used as a hedge in the event duggan blows up or maybe his being a 5th year senior is a security blanket for the staff.

collins is a good question, but that goes back to no one really knowing the health status of players once the season starts for tcu.

is he well enough to practice? is he well enough to play? the same with baldwin?

Under the impression Collins was suited up and back in practice 2-3 weeks ago.

4th. down

Move Collins into the 2 deep at QB. Find the best 6 good hands WR/TEs that can run the routes and block.. Not to be over concerned with speed and/or height. We need those 2010 clutch WR types playing most all game long.

We do what you suggested and we will take a great big leap forward. Yes, I know, way too optimistic, but we can challenge for the 12. You throw in our defense and special teams, we are tough.

I'm sure coach P, or hopefully he will, give more rep time in practice to 1 on 1 receivers, like from a few minutes to 15-20 minutes per practice. I know, 20 minutes is a long time but passing is important and we need 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2 every practice. Our receivers need to be challenged hard in practice and hit hard when they make a reception. Yeah, we will get a few injuries for sure but it's for the greater good - wins.