• The KillerFrogs

Brian Kelly to LSU

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
How many NC has Notre Dame won in this century? They did not blink at writing checks for over 24 million in buyouts of current staff. I bet BK did not take a paycut either.
How many NCs did ND take claim to while watching TV (or listening to the radio) while everyone else was actually playing on New Year’s Day?
(for the kiddies, for years ND was too good to cheapen themselves by going to bowls)

Wexahu

It's so bizarre. Here's a team that still has a chance to make the CFP and their coach is walking out on them. And we all act like making the CFP is the be-all, end-all in college football. I still don't understand why the powers that be felt the need for this early signing day. What is it accomplishing other than scheissing up seasons for 30% of the programs out there.

I'll say it again, it's trending toward where the games barely matter. It's all swag, hype, buzz, recruiting, who is transferring, where are they going, and most of all of course, money.

Mean Purple

Notre Lame is a great opportunity, but I think the lack of conference affiliation hurts the job. I definitely could see Campbell taking a hard look at this job. Fickell might also consider it. Both are little brother in their respective states, but a revamped Big 12 might offer more opportunities for the playoffs and bowls. OU still needs a coach so ND might have fight on their hands. Is Aranda a candidate for either job? He was offered a contract 4 days ago, and a lot has changed. He's lost some coaches to other schools. The time might be right to look.
Likely a reason Kelly is going to Baton Rouge ... you don't have the academic /no second chances restrictions like you have in South Bend. Oh, and the supply line of D Linemen.

Mean Purple

It's so bizarre. Here's a team that still has a chance to make the CFP and their coach is walking out on them. And we all act like making the CFP is the be-all, end-all in college football. I still don't understand why the powers that be felt the need for this early signing day. What is it accomplishing other than scheissing up seasons for 30% of the programs out there.

I'll say it again, it's trending toward where the games barely matter. It's all swag, hype, buzz, recruiting, who is transferring, where are they going, and most of all of course, money.
maybe he heard Bohannon won't start for BU this week? :)

Mean Purple

no a big fan of early signing. Kid's just finished their senior year. is there really enough time to evaluate how they have progressed from junior year?

Wexahu

no a big fan of early signing. Kid's just finished their senior year. is there really enough time to evaluate how they have progressed from junior year?
And Cincy is on the cusp of making the playoffs which would be kind of a miracle once in a lifetime season, and now they gotta deal with all the Fickel to ND crap right as they are getting ready to play their last game. It's BS. At least let these coaches and players finish out their seasons without all the distractions. It needs to change. But again, I don't think many people actually care about the games. Fickell to ND is a bigger story than potentially Cincy vs Georgia.

Mean Purple

And Cincy is on the cusp of making the playoffs which would be kind of a miracle once in a lifetime season, and now they gotta deal with all the Fickel to ND crap right as they are getting ready to play their last game. It's BS. At least let these coaches and players finish out their seasons without all the distractions. It needs to change. But again, I don't think many people actually care about the games. Fickell to ND is a bigger story than potentially Cincy vs Georgia.
All that said, I get why he would go from ND to LSU. OR I Think I get why.
Academics at ND meant he did not get to bring in some of the players he can bring in at LSU. Also, maybe a kid had an issue once and needs a second look to show that he has matured and is a good recruit. Can get that at LSU. Can't at ND.

I think he wins there. Heck, I think he can get a Natty there.