• The KillerFrogs

Brian Estridge's B12 expansion candidates

OmniscienceFrog

I would presume (or hope) that we have the strategic foresight to ensure whatever vote we’re forced to take won’t require us to give up all leverage/flexibility come 2025 or sooner (should a better opportunity arise in the next few years).

Not saying that one will present itself, but I would think adding members will require longer term commitments from existing programs, or perhaps I’m off on the inner workings here.
I get where you're coming from, and I hope they don't have to make the decision for 2 or 3 years but they're probably going to have to make a commitment to this new Big 12 sooner if this all goes through. But what are you gonna do, sit around and wait for an invitation to one of the P4 conferences that may or may not ever come?

texas_sicilian

I get where you're coming from, and I hope they don't have to make the decision for 2 or 3 years but they're probably going to have to make a commitment to this new Big 12 sooner if this all goes through. But what are you gonna do, sit around and wait for an invitation to one of the P4 conferences that may or may not ever come?
It's tough situation no doubt. If anything, a few teams (e.g. TCU, OSU, Tech) could use their collectively influence to push back on any attempt to strong arm a longer term commitment if that is the angle they're taking.

On the flip side, I'm sure the others teams would be reluctant to join without a renewed long term commitment from all existing members, so it could result in a standoff if push came to shove.

Will be interesting to watch this unfold.

OmniscienceFrog

Um, no. It's a couple of miles down Kirby, as well as being over a bayou. I don't know about you, but I don't feel safe in my F-250 driving in that town. Being on foot with those deranged monsters armed with vehicles and loosed all round? No thanks...
Um, I didn't say anything about it being a safe walk or not, I just said it was within walking distance. It's not right across the street, but it is within walking distance.

asleep003

All these BAD opinions about who you think SHOULD be added won’t change the fact that UH, UCF, Cinci, and BYU are getting added to the Big 12, as determined by the 8 remaining schools, ESPN, and FOX Sports.

I don’t think anyone here is particularly excited about our new reality, but it’s what we’ve got.
Who are you to say others have bad opinions. Many think UH would be a poor addition for many reasons... while OK with the other 3 candidates, yet prefer others to UH. So, your opinions are the good ones.?.

Last edited: