• The KillerFrogs

*BREAKING NEWS*

gdu

you are just as bad as the media. He didn't say the AD said that. He said someone else said the AD said that.

"Boulder Daily Camera reports Colorado AD Mike Bohn says six Big 12 schools are on verge of Pac-10 invitation "

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Jun 3 2010, 07:54 PM) [snapback]568048[/snapback]
you are just as bad as the media. He didn't say the AD said that. He said someone else said the AD said that.

"Boulder Daily Camera reports Colorado AD Mike Bohn says six Big 12 schools are on verge of Pac-10 invitation "

Can I report that you said that someone else said that the Colorado AD said that?

gdu

QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ Jun 4 2010, 12:59 AM) [snapback]568052[/snapback]
Can I report that you said that someone else said that the Colorado AD said that?

It would be more correct to report that I pointed out to someone that said that someone else said that the Colorado AD stated that that really someone said that someone else reported that the Colorado AD said that.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(tcugdu @ Jun 3 2010, 08:04 PM) [snapback]568056[/snapback]
It would be more correct to report that I pointed out to someone that said that someone else said that the Colorado AD stated that that really someone said that someone else reported that the Colorado AD said that.

So, gdu, which conference do you want your Longhorns in? Do you trust your daddy, DeLoss?

gdu

QUOTE(2314 @ Jun 4 2010, 01:10 AM) [snapback]568059[/snapback]
So, gdu, which conference do you want your Longhorns in? Do you trust your daddy, DeLoss?

It doesn't matter to me which one they are in as long as TCU gets in an aq-conference or the MWC stays strong.

I have thought since they joined the B12 that they would end up in the Pac10. It just fits too well. I'm just not sure who they'll bring with them.

gdu

QUOTE(PhormerPhrog @ Jun 4 2010, 01:30 AM) [snapback]568069[/snapback]
And how do you feel about your Bears being left out? Where would you like your Frogs to end up?

They aren't my bears (or my longhorns). I hope Baylor ends up in CUSA so they have a shot at being competitive again.

I have stated my stance for TCU several times. As conferences are currently configured: aq MWC > B12 N > B12 S > non-aq MWC.

I don't think this will happen, but how terrible would it be for us to add BSU, not get aq status and then no other conference makes a move? We would almost never have an undefeated team and thus would never send a non-aq team to BCS bowls.

gdu

QUOTE(MountainWestFrog @ Jun 4 2010, 01:38 AM) [snapback]568075[/snapback]
Add Boise and you open up for a one loss MWC team every year in the BCS.

let me know when a 1-loss team gets invited to a BCS game. As I have said many times, that will be a MUCH bigger accomplishment tha getting 2 teams invited. Think the BCS would've chosen us with a loss or Boise with a loss to Oregon last year over Nebraska? Me niether.

robbroyy

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Jun 3 2010, 08:45 PM) [snapback]568079[/snapback]
let me know when a 1-loss team gets invited to a BCS game. As I have said many times, that will be a MUCH bigger accomplishment tha getting 2 teams invited. Think the BCS would've chosen us with a loss or Boise with a loss to Oregon last year over Nebraska? Me niether.

We would have gotten in two years ago had we beaten Utah. That's even after getting blown out by OU.

'Nuff said.

Goodnight

This is going to happen. Sadly, every other big conference will see the Pac 10 at 16 teams and want to do the same. I think the Big 12 is finished and whatever members are left over if any will be on their own after the raids. Pac-10 will be the first to expand to 16, Big 10 will likely gobble up the remaining North members, and SEC will expand to 16 by raiding the ACC, likely Florida State/Clemson/Miami/Georgia Tech. ACC gets all Big East football teams and the Big East Conference folds and the basketball only members form their own basketball conference. Mountain West expands to 12 by adding Baylor, SMU and Boise State, assuming all Big 12 North schools apart from Colorado get snatched up by the Big 10.

Under this scenario, there are 5 mega conferences of 16 teams, which decided to end the BCS and come up with something even more exclusive and horrible, leaving the MWC out to dry again.

gdu

QUOTE(robbroyy @ Jun 4 2010, 01:47 AM) [snapback]568080[/snapback]
We would have gotten in two years ago had we beaten Utah. That's even after getting blown out by OU.

'Nuff said.

a loss to an oklahoma team that plays in the NCG is a bit more forgivable by BCS Bowl people than a loss to a MWC team.

gdu

QUOTE(Goodnight @ Jun 4 2010, 01:54 AM) [snapback]568086[/snapback]
This is going to happen. Sadly, every other big conference will see the Pac 10 at 16 teams and want to do the same. I think the Big 12 is finished and whatever members are left over if any will be on their own after the raids. Pac-10 will be the first to expand to 16, Big 10 will likely gobble up the remaining North members, and SEC will expand to 16 by raiding the ACC, likely Florida State/Clemson/Miami/Georgia Tech. ACC gets all Big East football teams and the Big East Conference folds and the basketball only members form their own basketball conference. Mountain West expands to 12 by adding Baylor, SMU and Boise State, assuming all Big 12 North schools apart from Colorado get snatched up by the Big 10.

Under this scenario, there are 5 mega conferences of 16 teams, which decided to end the BCS and come up with something even more exclusive and horrible, leaving the MWC out to dry again.

I don't think the B1011 wants Iowa State or K-State.

Goodnight

They will add Iowa State and Kansas State if it means them getting to 16 teams. 16 team conferences are going to happen, they are not going to stand idly and watch other conferences do it and make more money.

TCU_backer

Here is the most recent story, and it seems as though the Colorado AD is confirming it...

A link to the Dallas Morning News: [topic="http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/060410dnspocarltonblog.6a956507.html"]http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/060410dnspocarltonblog.6a956507.html[/topic]

gdu

QUOTE(TCU_backer @ Jun 4 2010, 02:17 AM) [snapback]568120[/snapback]
Here is the most recent story, and it seems as though the Colorado AD is confirming it...

A link to the Dallas Morning News: [topic="http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/060410dnspocarltonblog.6a956507.html"]http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/060410dnspocarltonblog.6a956507.html[/topic]

actually, the most recent stories have him backing off that comment (not that it matters)

gdu

QUOTE(robbroyy @ Jun 4 2010, 12:32 AM) [snapback]568033[/snapback]
As a follow up to the already posted thread, here's a link to Joe Schad saying the Colorado AD stating their will be 6 Big 12 schools invited to the Pac 10.

https://twitter.com/schadjoe

here is the actual quote that you and joe schad got wrong: "The longer that we were together in Kansas City it appeared that that rumor or speculation did have some validity to it," Bohn told the newspaper.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(Goodnight @ Jun 3 2010, 08:54 PM) [snapback]568086[/snapback]
assuming all Big 12 North schools apart from Colorado get snatched up by the Big 10.

There is no way in hell the Big 10 is interested in KState or IState.

Anyways......lets bypass Schad and go to the Daily Camera.

http://ht.ly/1TQmN

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(Goodnight @ Jun 3 2010, 08:54 PM) [snapback]568086[/snapback]

And your math doesn't work.

Pac16
Big16
SEC
ACC

That's 4.