• The KillerFrogs

Brawl involving crowd at UFC fight!

SnoSki

Please change thread title to UFC.

Scary, trashy stuff here. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Winning fighter jumps fence into crowd, chaos ensues:

netty2424

Khabib gets fined, small suspension, and business as usual.

“This is the fight game!”
~ Dominick Cruz, announcer who called the fight.

If UFC wants to take the next step, they’ve got to clean it all up. Every single post fight interview was littered with F-bombs. One fighter said he wanted to smoke weed wirh Joe Rogan, to which he replied “anytime!”

I cuss like a sailor so that doesn’t bother me, but mainstream isn’t ready. Imagine if Marshawn Lynch said that to Pam Oliver or Erin Andrews live on tv. NFL, NBA, etc don’t act like that, outside of one offs of course. There are reprocussions in professional sports, but UFC can’t seem to control its fighters the same way.

Shorty

Copying my post from HASMSP: Is it just me or is UFC getting into WWE style storylines to hype fighters and fights? It just seems convenient that top fighters are all so suddenly "out of control" outside of the fights.

netty2424

Copying my post from HASMSP: Is it just me or is UFC getting into WWE style storylines to hype fighters and fights? It just seems convenient that top fighters are all so suddenly "out of control" outside of the fights.
The issue with UFC is it lacks consistent star power. Its becoming too watered down with cards full of fighters most people haven’t heard of unless you’re a hardcore fan.

So guys that do move the needle on PPV buys can do whatever they want, forcing lower tier guys to start acting like extreme idiots to get noticed. People have quickly forgotten that Conor McGregor jumped out of the octagon and went after Jose Aldo a couple years ago. Didn’t erupt like last night but this was just the next step after no recourse the first time.

PO Frog

Agree on the trashiest fans. Was in Vegas accidentally once at the same time as a big fight. Won’t make that mistake again.

netty2424

Been to a lot of them and never have I seen anything resembling that. That was just an alley gang fight inside an arena.

Only the Romans would think this “sport” is civilized.
It’s an opportunity for the NSAC to set a precedence for other states moving forward. If they don’t do something, these out of the octagon incidents will continue.

Do you feel that football is more “civilized?”

MTfrog5

I put 100% of the blame on Dana White. Conor has been allowed to get away with everything so it was only a matter of time something like this was going to happen. Conor made this extremely personal with the bus incident (that Dana White and UFC used to promote) and family matters. I don’t blame Khabib at all for last night. Conor has been out of control for awhile.

I also called Khabib beating Conor on here a couple years ago and was told no way that would happen by multiple posters.