• The KillerFrogs

Bowlsby steps down

TCUdirtbag

I've been to the Big Ten HQ and it is VERY pedestrian.
Pac-12 is getting rid of their corporate office altogether.

SEC is based in Birmingham which is shameful given all the SEC city options (Nashville, Atlanta, Nola, any number of options in FL),

I can’t think of anything that matters LESS in 2022 than whatever bland corporate office space a college athletics conference occupies.

Virginia Frog

This conference is scheissed / it’s only a matter of time before it gets worse after the best remaining teams get poached
I believe the conference will stay the same at least until '30-'31. With no poaching by the PAC or ACC.

When OUT is fini then it'll be 12 for at least a 4 year run time/ '28-29.

Maybe at that point they go to 14 or 16 schools/teams. All next tier schools like USF, Memphis, SMU, ColSt, Tulane, etc. This will happen only when they've exhausted their potential "play" for Col/Utah and/or AZ/ASU.

When the poaching begins (as the ACC's GoR stats to become a secondary issue) there are only 3 possible poachers: Big Ten, ACC and PAC.
--B10 would only want Kansas - it fits their geography and model. That is very unlikely IMO...they blow in fb and will continue to do so (and they'd face a annual beat down by the-now "lowly" Nebraska - who made a similar mistake in '12.)
--ACC will want to remain East Coast/Midwest eastern and the only two schools they'd want from our stable are WVU and Cinci.
--PAC with our "failure" to poach them, they'd have no remorse in reciprocating. With the Big12 doing well as a conference -likely better than the PAC- they would have to acquire FOUR B12 schools to be successful in their acquisitions. Two teams does not really give them much of a Central Time presence....and those two schools would be hesitant to go "out west" with only one other mate. Plus they'd want a Texas presence and a western Midwest presence which only two wouldn't work. So OkieSt, two Texas schools and likely K-St could maybe join up. But would that be a real deal for those schools? Unless the money was supreme, it very well may NOT come to pass.

I hope TCU NEVER goes "west."

asleep003

We don't need Oliver Luck... He did absolutely ZERO for TCU or Baylor in 2015 playoff committee. Allowed Alvarez to steam roll the Frogs out of the #3 spot in the top 10 to #5, so the Big10's tOSU could move in... with out a peep from spineless Luck(AD WVU). Forget him!!!

Last edited:

asleep003

Before beating down on the Big12's future, keep in mind that 3 teams from the 2021 Big12 teams
finished in the AP's top 25... while 5 2025 members finished in the same top 25.

The Big12 also has been the #3 in attendance per game for the past 5 years by 9,000+ ave. more than the P12... ACC ranked 5th and P12 was 4th in the P5. When OUT happens, BYU's 57k average attendance will sell out to 64K p/gm and add Cincinnati's 40K sell out... that replaces UT or OU for league's total attendance p/yr. Tho UCF and UH will Probly not equal out an OUT school's attendance, they can put a big dent in the loss.

Last edited:

Gringo1873

Would rather have Michael Scott
Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

LVH

So TCU is not one of the "best" teams left?
It doesnt matter - conference expansion is not the future - dropping teams is. Schools in the ACC and Pac-12 are jockeying for position to make themselves attractive to the Big 10/SEC kingmakers and adding teams could threaten that.

Leagues like the ACC and Pac-12 are looking to shed the deadweight, not add. Even low tier teams in the Big 10 are not safe.

Teams like Washington State, Wake Forest, etc. are not going to be a part of the SEC-Big 10 breakaway.

I've said ultimately we will have a 24-32 team "super league" consisting of the 24-32 largest brands in the NCAA, mostly SEC and Big 10 schools with the additional top tier ACC/Pac-12 team like Oregon, USC, UCLA, Washington, Florida State, Clemson, and North Carolina.

HG73

Well, a B1G/SEC superleague is already at 30 teams. I don't see any relegation there, even for Mississippi State or Vanderbilt. Too much money involved, lots of litigation.

B1GSEC won't need Clem or FSU, they are already in those markets.

The only other play is west. But does either league want to take on any PAC teams? None could possibly add value to a B1GSEC contract so adding any of them would dilute everyone else's share. Not to mention being 2/3 time zones away.

So right now the B1GSEC doesn't need to do anything. Just accept the massive TV contracts coming their way. That alone will relegate the other three conferences to second class status.

TCUdirtbag

Well, a B1G/SEC superleague is already at 30 teams. I don't see any relegation there, even for Mississippi State or Vanderbilt. Too much money involved, lots of litigation.

B1GSEC won't need Clem or FSU, they are already in those markets.

The only other play is west. But does either league want to take on any PAC teams? None could possibly add value to a B1GSEC contract so adding any of them would dilute everyone else's share. Not to mention being 2/3 time zones away.

So right now the B1GSEC doesn't need to do anything. Just accept the massive TV contracts coming their way. That alone will relegate the other three conferences to second class status.

You can make a very good argument that poaching top PAC teams would up the value of the B1G inventory. Question is whether the distance is workable. My bet is it just isn’t practical for the west coast schools and they’d rather find other revenue streams than travel coast to coast and blow up their west coast identify.

But seriously. No doubt USC-Ohio State, Oregon-Michigan, UCLA-Penn State draws more eyes and streams and therefore dollars than Purdue-Illinois, Minnesota-Indiana, Rutgers-Northwestern, Maryland-Minnesota, etc.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
You can make a very good argument that poaching top PAC teams would up the value of the B1G inventory. Question is whether the distance is workable. My bet is it just isn’t practical for the west coast schools and they’d rather find other revenue streams than travel coast to coast and blow up their west coast identify.

But seriously. No doubt USC-Ohio State, Oregon-Michigan, UCLA-Penn State draws more eyes and streams and therefore dollars than Purdue-Illinois, Minnesota-Indiana, Rutgers-Northwestern, Maryland-Minnesota, etc.
The PAC footprint is more workable with the BIGXII system. We have nice, big airports. For early season one-offs, the PAC-B1G matchups work. Having them in a Conference all together sort of kills the Rose Bowl raison d'etre. But, annihilating the Institutions is all the fashion in these sad times...

asleep003

What about Del Conte. Great schmoozer plus would no longer be at UT. What we need now is promotion and CDC could sell fireplaces in hell.
It would be very difficult to out do CDC for the head of the conference... he should want to prove what he's done, was no accident(ie. "Being There").

HG73

I really don't think any PAC team draws enough eyeballs to keep from diluting the other B1GSEC teams' payout. Then there's travel, late games etc. I really think the PAC is as screwed as the ACC & Big12 once the B1GSEC sucks down all the TV money. Their only hope is poaching the Big12 but I'm not sure they have the guts to do it.

After the B1GSEC gets their huge TV contract then ND will be forced into the B1G. The money will just be too much to turn down. That means staying at 15 teams or adding one more, possibly a Virginia. There's your 32 team super conference.

They'll have two conference championship games and then a "National Championship" bowl game. Or we'll have a 12 team championship tournament with the top 6 conference champions and 6 at large teams. The B1GSEC will get all 6 at large teams giving them 4 teams each in the tournament.

I hope it doesn't turn out this way.

HG73

Saw a projection today saying the B1G and the SEC will get a little over $100million/team in the upcoming TV negotiations.

PAC, ACC and Big12 are projected to get around $60million/team, or about half what the B1GSEC will get.

Still, we should be able to field a pretty decent team with that kind of money.

Latest posts