• The KillerFrogs

Bowlsby steps down

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?

LVH

I said all along adding UH, Cincinnati, BYU and UCF won't change reality or the inevitable

The Big 10 and SEC want to grab the top teams in the Pac 12/ACC and break away from the rest of the P5 and create their own NCAA. The one thing holding them back is March Madness - a postseason basketball tournament featuring only teams from those 4 leagues will be worth no where near the $2 billion March Madness currently is and its hard to walk away from that money. What they will weigh is whether or not their football autonomy opportunity cost is greater than destroying March Madness as we know it.

Virginia Frog

Just what the hell is going on up there?
Maybe we shouldn't make this a bigger issue than it is. The time may be right for the Commissioner's exit.

Bowlsby is more "Christmas past" vs. "Christmas future" for the B12.

Not only his age today but what it would be in 3-5 years in administering the "new" B12's as twelve/sans OUT. The conference will really be new and a more dynamic/energized leader may be just what the doctor ordered.

He's had his career (none of us are gonna live forever) and just maybe the sunset is calling him.

(Pet peeve: let's use this transition post-OUT and really being twelve and can the roman numerals XII. Maybe spell out "twelve." Every time I see the XII, my brain sees "x -i-i".)

Last edited:

mc1502

I drive by the B12 home office (in Las Colinas on 114) every day on my way home from work. There has been construction work going on there (tractors digging up the ground) right in front of the building for about three months. There's so much work, it looks like they are tearing the building apart. It's very symbolic of what is happening to the B12.

Side note: I'm not sure if you guys have seen the B12's headquarters. It's EXTREMELY unimpressive.

Palliative Care

My philosophy about the Big 12: if you want to be little and insignificant then think that way and you will be. If you want to be successful then believe in yourself and fight back on the narrative that would belittle you. This conference does not need to apologize or capitulate. Take the doubters on and prove them wrong. As a school we have done this before. So hype our basketball championships and push our football by tearing apart OU and Texas for as long as they last here. Kicking A makes an impression.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Maybe we shouldn't make this a bigger issue than it is. The time may be right for the Commissioner's exit.

Bowlsby is more "Christmas past" vs. "Christmas future" for the B12.

Not only his age today but what it would be in 3-5 years in administering the "new" B12's as twelve/sans OUT. The conference will really be new and a more dynamic/energized leader may be just what the doctor ordered.

He's had his career (none of us are gonna live forever) and just maybe the sunset is calling him.

(Pet peeve: let's use this transition post-OUT and really being twelve and can the roman numerals XII. Maybe spell out "twelve." Every time I see the XII, my brain sees "x -i-i".)
The announcement came out of the blue. Though it is the "dead season" it was still unforeseen. I also did not realize his age.

As to Oliver Luck, I don't know what to think about him. While I hate the "Pro" aspect of how the College Sports are going, he has had and continues to have excellent relationships with the Network People. I'd like to hear more...

Dman890

This conference is scheissed / it’s only a matter of time before it gets worse after the best remaining teams get poached

Paint It Purple

I drive by the B12 home office (in Las Colinas on 114) every day on my way home from work. There has been construction work going on there (tractors digging up the ground) right in front of the building for about three months. There's so much work, it looks like they are tearing the building apart. It's very symbolic of what is happening to the B12.

Side note: I'm not sure if you guys have seen the B12's headquarters. It's EXTREMELY unimpressive.
Why should the B12 spend $$$ on conference offices? Have you seen the NCAA facilities in Indianapolis? They exemplify do nothing fat cat bureaucrats living the high life.

TCUdirtbag

Tough job, tough road ahead.

My understanding is it's Oliver Luck vs. the field. The current executive board favors an outside-of-the-conference hire in general, preferably with some C-Suite level experience and maybe pro experience, but there's a lot of existing trust in Luck. That'd be my bet today.
Heard that name as a likely replacement for years. Be interesting to see if the changes in the league change the calculus for either side.

Endless Purple

As long as they do not try to get fancy with a new energetic hire like the Pac 12 did with their previous leadership. Get someone who knows the college sports, not someone who will try to revolutionize the media without knowing how it works.

Virginia Frog

I've been to the Big Ten HQ and it is VERY pedestrian.