• The KillerFrogs

Bowl Mania Pickem group?

geefrogs

Yes, I'm a glutton for punishment.

I really wanna engage myself in all 42 bowl games this year.

Actually wondering if there's a bowl pickem group. For fun or for some cha-ching.

Im especially keen on the Roofclaim.com Boca Raton Bowl.

ESPN, yahoo, or something else. Preferably App friendly.

geefrogs

go ahead and join! Make your pick name your KF.c handle please. (if I dont recognize it, then im gonna report you to the Feds.)

It's pick against the spread format.

password: 123TCU

There's no prize at all. Just a head nod from Robert Redford gif.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
If I win, where will I keep Robert Redford's Head? I mean, you can't exactly put it on display, and my freezer is already packed as it is. Would make a great curio for the place though: "Want to come see the frozen head of a former Hollywood Icon I keep in the deep freeze? C'mon!"

How about a cheeseburger instead? Robert Redford's Head is just a wee little too macabre for a Football Bowl Pick Em.

JogginFrog

If I win, where will I keep Robert Redford's Head? I mean, you can't exactly put it on display, and my freezer is already packed as it is. Would make a great curio for the place though: "Want to come see the frozen head of a former Hollywood Icon I keep in the deep freeze? C'mon!"

How about a cheeseburger instead? Robert Redford's Head is just a wee little too macabre for a Football Bowl Pick Em.
I dunno. Paul Newman's head is on every shelf of the grocery store, so it doesn't seem that much of a stretch. Seems like the obvious answer would be some kind of display at Sundance Square.

BrewingFrog

I dunno. Paul Newman's head is on every shelf of the grocery store, so it doesn't seem that much of a stretch. Seems like the obvious answer would be some kind of display at Sundance Square.
Hey! That's a good point! Donate the Head of Robert Redford to charity! Imagine the wet thunk that would make hitting bottom in a Salvation Army kettle...

Yet, a permanent display has some of it's own drawbacks. Like the corpse of Lenin, it takes some care and maintenance. Fortunately, it's just the head, as opposed to the whole enchilada, so appropriate measures could be taken so that the Head doesn't wind up looking like a tourist trinket from New Guinea after a couple of years in the Texas sun.

ShadowFrog

Moderators

Depends.
Whataburger or ……. Sonic?

Eight

Depends.
Whataburger or ……. Sonic?

200.gif

BrewingFrog

I am frighteningly average.

This is somewhat of a surprise, as I had been noting early on that each and every pick of mine was wrong...

geefrogs

The best pick so far has to go to JOGGINFROG.

Jogginfrog had the ONLY CORRECT pick with UAB (+8.5) covering against BYU. Not only did they cover but they won. Well done.

We are turning the corner of bowl season where its more Power-5 heavy.

A few Big-12 teams upcoming with Tech, WVU, Cyclones and OU. Tech being a large underdog, will be interesting to see how the group went about that game.

Also ESPNFAN2283062526, can you please change your pick name :)

2021-12-28_LI.jpg

Last edited: