• The KillerFrogs

Bowl Games?

Atomic Frawg

Comment was more directed at the legal industry. I wanna barf every time I see a medical bill. Same thing whenever I see a legal bill.
I WISH all jobs came with legal fees like medical and dental do. I'd have a helluva lot more money and could buy tickets on the westside of the stadium and escape some of you peons. Docs and dentists have it good.

Last edited:
He’s not wrong. The American economy has been subsidizing the world’s pharmaceutical pricing models for decades. In a very real sense, we’ve been underwriting single-payer socialized medicine for quite some time. That was part of the Favored Nations order that hasn’t been talked about enough. When it goes into effect pharmaceutical prices here might go down a bit more but other countries will start having to pay closer to full freight put huge strain on their socialized systems.

I do think we need a Drug Bowl though.
You say that like its a bad thing?

Virginia Frog

The Cheez-it bowl is in Orlando now. Projected teams include OU and Okie State. How did the Cheez-it bowl get elevated over the Alamo bowl?

We may get our shot at SMU after all. LOLOLOL.
That's because the The Cheez-It Bowl, Florida (2020) is not the Cheez-It Bowl from past years in Arizona.

These bowls have just changed sponsorship and thus names. They didn't move from one city to another. Ownership of the respective bowls remain the same and all the particulars/history/priorities, etc are maintained by those ownership groups.
Yea, it's a bit confusing.

Today's Orlando "Cheez-it Bowl" was previously named for other sponsors: Camping World, Russell Athletic, Champs Sports, Tangerine (3 years that the bowl didn't have a sponsor 2001-03), Micro PC, Carquest, and Blockbuster in it's first year 1990.

It is Orlandos #2 bowl - The #1 original bowl in Orlando was the "Tangerine Bowl" circa 1947 that has been known for many years as the "Citrus Bowl" during most of it's modern history. It was best known as the Capital One Bowl and held on Jan 1 annually. Apparently that bowl hasn't had a paid name sponsor since 2014. (Since Capital One has upgraded to sponsor the entire bowl season.)

Last edited:

Spike

IMO it has gone way downhill over the past couple of years. I go to the one on mockingbird, and the quality is nowhere close to what it used to be even 5 years ago

Sad to hear. My last trip there was the last SMU game. There is one on camp Bowie that has decent food but pretty generic atmosphere.

mwe2187

Interesting...I had my hospital team report back with current stats from Tarrant and Denton counties. None could find a major hospital with these circumstances. We're seeing ICU census between 50% and 72% and overall bed occupancy with COVID at around 14-16%. UTSW is doing a very solid modeling job and while they predict that both Tarrant and Dallas Counties will see hospitalizations rise (with a small possibility of staying flat), they make no mention of ICU's being overrun. From their latest update:

§ New cases remain elevated in the 70+ age groups. Case rates are flat among other age groups. § These trends also hold true for Tarrant County (not shown).

Maybe we should be thinking about discussing the risk/benefit of these 70+ folks attending youth sporting events if it can even be shown that these events are the culprit.

Came here to say this, but to the posters point of their wife being at a hospital that is at capacity - I think it just depends where you are at.

My wife and sis-in-law are both nurses, neither of their locations have had any sort of rise in covid hospitalizations at their Texas Health facilities in FTW. Both are under 15% Covid hospitalizations and at around 50% for ICU (which is around normal). They have both said they do expect a slight rise, and that some hospitals are actually getting full - but purposely filling certain locations while not sending to others (yet)

As for the bowl games - good chance things are played relatively normal now that all the conferences are back. Bowls will do their usual picking - you just wont have to worry about not filling spots with everyone eligible.

Will suck for mid major teams left out while a team with a horrid record from a conference makes it.

Frozen Frog

source.gif

Probably!