• The KillerFrogs

Boulevard Collective

froginmn

Well they just pulled in this guy last week, a 4 star from the area who we offered by the way. And my comment was long term, not this week. Grow a brain. If you don't play this game, you'll get passed. They're dominating us in recruiting right now.

Sounds like they ought to ring the bell.

texas-tech.gif

bp4tcu

Bp4tcu is a troll. Why even argue with him?
This board might be some of the softest people I've ever seen. I'm a troll because I don't fall all over everything we do. I call it like I see it, even if that means criticizing TCU. No one is above reproach, especially our AD.

Unless you are in SEC or BIG 10 trying to keep up with the jones in NIL is a fools errand. It's throwing good money after bad and at end of day you will have little to show for it. Give money to TCU for Scholarships, Buildings, and Programs. You will see kids go to TCU who could not have afforded to do so otherwise, see students using great academic facilities and participate in cutting edge programs. Or you can give money to NIL and watch a 18-21 year old piss it away on chains, shoes, weed and booze then transfer to a SEC/BIG10 school when they get really good.

Unless you are in SEC or BIG 10 trying to keep up with the jones in NIL is a fools errand. It's throwing good money after bad and at end of day you will have little to show for it. Give money to TCU for Scholarships, Buildings, and Programs. You will see kids go to TCU who could not have afforded to do so otherwise, see students using great academic facilities and participate in cutting edge programs. Or you can give money to NIL and watch a 18-21 year old piss it away on chains, shoes, weed and booze then transfer to a SEC/BIG10 school when they get really good.
This fella linked below believes not funding NIL will be a detriment to universities.

As I have repeatedly stated—basketball should have always been a priority and thē vehicle tor TCU’s national exposure. There are only 15 on a roster for basketball and that should be the first priority for winning a national championship and TCU’s front porch and visibility. TCU can easily compete in NIL on a roster of 15. TCU can win a championship in buckets and be in The Big Dance and those office brackets every goldarn year. Duke and Gonzaga’s visibility is because of basketball. No reason for upperclassman to leave for sunnier horizons in hoops when TCU can be at the top of the food chain. Look at Baylor and Houston, and Pitt, when they had our Coach Dixon.

And, now TCU is in a premier basketball conference—take advantage of that! Basketball recruits want to play in the Big XII.

I like football, but all the personnel, management and maintenance of a competitive P5 football program on a college campus, and especially at a relatively small university, is maybe becoming ridiculous. And TCU ain’t winning a national championship in football.

Last edited:
That's a good read, interesting it is written by a Michigan Trustee though so obviously tilted towards the have crowd and not the have not. Very good point on basketball with limited roster size it does provide opportunities to be more competitive with SEC and BIG 10 in the NIL game. College Football is broken and become more fractured daily with NIL, Transfer Portal, Super Conferences. Unless you are a fan of a team in SEC and BIG 10 folks are going to lose interest over time as the sport morph into triple A minor league for NFL.

Endless Purple

Personally, I would rather donate to a collective for women's soccer and beach volleyball, than for football only. The path football is on will see me leave the sport as a fan soon.

Froggish

When are we going to step up and have something respectable?
The fact that you are asking this question is a great example of how out of the loop you are. If you were contributing to either Flying T Club or Think NIL you would know that we have just as much skin in the NIL game as 95% of the sport. Including the Ponitas. Quit talking boat and put your money where your mouth is. There's an opportunity for you to show up to a Flying T Club function in a few weeks. You could choose to show up and learn more but I'm guessing you're way to soft. That would probably mean leaving your moms nurturing bosom.

LVH

We are going to have dozens of Zach Evans every year. Even if we have a good NIL program. The SEC/Big 10 will be able to pay more and promise better TV slots, larger fanbases, bigger stadiums, and "the major leagues" of college football.

Every time we have a player with a breakout season they will quit mid year and sit out to protect themselves and play Let's Make a Deal for their eventual transfer to the Big 10/SEC just like Zach Evans did.

Anyone who doubts this is an idiot

Fosterpark Squatter

We are going to have dozens of Zach Evans every year. Even if we have a good NIL program. The SEC/Big 10 will be able to pay more and promise better TV slots, larger fanbases, bigger stadiums, and "the major leagues" of college football.

Every time we have a player with a breakout season they will quit mid year and sit out to protect themselves and play Let's Make a Deal for their eventual transfer to the Big 10/SEC just like Zach Evans did.

Anyone who doubts this is an idiot
Zach left cause coach P was out. Everyone has to deal with transfers OSU lost ewers and Texas has multiple guys who use to play for Bama.