• The KillerFrogs

"Boise will pass TCU this weekend"

SnoSki

Why does Gilmore keep saying this?

Is suddenly having a bye week a reason for TCU to be marked as inferior to Boise in the computers??

11-0 through 12 weeks = 11-0 through 12 weeks, no?

SoonerBredCD

It doesn't really matter.... TCU is going to need Boise to lose, or getting passed in the computers is inevitable whether it be this week or next.

Edit: A loss or perhaps a very ugly close win.

Goodnight

It's not going to happen this week. Fresno State is a weak computer team so beating them at home will not do much for Boise State.

Will it happen next week if Boise State beats Nevada? There is a chance. But its not a sure thing, as I have shown there are many games that will affect the computers as a whole.

Either way, we are going to need Boise State to bleed votes in the human polls if we want a shot to pass them. After their win tonight, they are probably going to widen their human poll margin

Goodnight

I'm not counting on big things from Nevada. They only beat the Fresno team by one point.

Nevada will definately have a more potent offense than Fresno State, the question is their defense. I am not convinced at all that Nevada has the defense necessary to stop Boise State. Nevada will need to outscore Boise State instead and rely on some home crowd advantages if they want any shot of keeping it within 2 touchdowns.

Sponger

I'm not sure why it is so automatic that they pass us this week? Will this win look that good in the computers? We are already 1 spot behind them in the human polls so it's entirely up to the computers.

Nevada is another story...but I'm not sure about this week. Let's hope Baylor get's their game together and discovers what a defense is supposed to do.

Goodnight

What if VA Tech loses, Baylor wins, and SMU wins?

Then we live to fight another week.

Here is what I am projecting the BCS computers to be on Sunday, given things go status quo(keep in mind, a projection):

TCU: RB - 1, CM - 3, JS - 5, A&H - 5, PW - 4, KM - 5 : AVG = .870
BSU: RB - 3, CM - 5, JS - 10, A&H - 4, PW - 7, KM - 7 : AVG = .810

They will close the gap from .11 to .06, cutting it in half. Not so much because we fall, but more so because they jump over some 1 and 2 loss teams ahead of them.

TEUFELI

It's not going to happen this week. Fresno State is a weak computer team so beating them at home will not do much for Boise State.

Will it happen next week if Boise State beats Nevada? There is a chance. But its not a sure thing, as I have shown there are many games that will affect the computers as a whole.

Either way, we are going to need Boise State to bleed votes in the human polls if we want a shot to pass them. After their win tonight, they are probably going to widen their human poll marginMissed you at stone soup yesterday, hill and holland haven't stop asking when is my uncle coming?

"At home"...has absolutely NOTHING to do with it.  Unfortunately

Having watched this game...I can not BELIEVE how bad Fresno is. The fact that they scored so many against Nevada does not bode well for us. Honest to God - I have seen flag football frat quarterbacks better than Fresno's. That guy us PATHETIC.

Boise is not as good as I thought. I think we beat em by 14 as long as LHCGP doesn't give em our playbook the week before our meeting. Having said that...Kellen Moore is special. Like Steve Young special. People that try and compare him & Dalton are high. I think he may have Canton makeup. (go ahead and ridicule if u want)

Goodnight

"At home"...has absolutely NOTHING to do with it.  Unfortunately

Having watched this game...I can not BELIEVE how bad Fresno is. The fact that they scored so many against Nevada does not bode well for us. Honest to God - I have seen flag football frat quarterbacks better than Fresno's. That guy us PATHETIC.

Boise is not as good as I thought. I think we beat em by 14 as long as LHCGP doesn't give em our playbook the week before our meeting. Having said that...Kellen Moore is special. Like Steve Young special. People that try and compare him & Dalton are high. I think he may have Canton makeup. (go ahead and ridicule if u want)

Yes it does, every BCS computer except Colley gives more weight to road wins.

One more thing... say Boise State gains 20 votes at the expense of us in both human polls(resulting in a net 40 vote gain) after this week because of the game tonight, and the BCS computers turn out to be how I projected them in my last post.

Boise State: .9209(Harris) + .9146(Coaches) + .8100(Computers) = .8818
TCU: .9009(Harris) + .8800(Coaches) + .8700(Computers) = .8876

In other words, its going to be a razor thin margin, but we are still going to be slightly ahead. Therefore, we need a Boise State loss. If not, we need them to play a close game. If not, we are going to need some major help from teams like Baylor and SMU, and for teams like Virginia Tech to stumble; even then I am not sure that will be enough

VictoryLap

They may pass them in the BCS standings due to adjustments from the human voters but I'm betting cash money they don't pass us in the computers this weekend.

TEUFELI

Yes it does, every BCS computer except Colley gives more weight to road wins.

One more thing... say Boise State gains 20 votes at the expense of us in both human polls(resulting in a net 40 vote gain) after this week because of the game tonight, and the BCS computers turn out to be how I projected them in my last post.

Boise State: .9209(Harris) + .9146(Coaches) + .8100(Computers) = .8818
TCU: .9009(Harris) + .8800(Coaches) + .8700(Computers) = .8876

In other words, its going to be a razor thin margin, but we are still going to be slightly ahead. Therefore, we need a Boise State loss. If not, we need them to play a close game. If not, we are going to need some major help from teams like Baylor and SMU, and for teams like Virginia Tech to stumble; even then I am not sure that will be enough

Really? I honestly didnt know that.

Wow. This thing just makes my head hurt...and my stomach farty

Horny 4 Life

11-0 certainly equals 11-0. There's just one problem, the team right behind use will be going from 9-0 to 10-0. They will also likely gain votes in the Coaches and Harris polls. Should Utah manage to lose again, we will take even more flack from the talking heads and the human voters. The sum total of all that means that we will likely be passed.

It's honestly inevitable, barring an upset of BSU, that they pass us. Should you find yourself unable to cope with the idea of BSU in the MNCG while we go elsewhere, I suggest you become an Auburn and Oregon fan. If you concern yourself only with the wellbeing of TCU, then prepare for the Sugar/Orange bowl and be happy about it.

VictoryLap

I'm thinking more Ken Stabler (also thinking I'm older than you). Moore can't run the ball like Young. Plenty good for an NFL team to give him a shot, though, imo.

I agree. Moore is very, very good, but Steve Young is one of the best running qbs ever. Kellen Moore, will never be that kind of quarterback.

TEUFELI

I agree. Moore is very, very good, but Steve Young is one of the best running qbs ever. Kellen Moore, will never be that kind of quarterback.

No guys - I think that's fair. I didn't mean he has the running ability if Young necessarily. Just that intangible mental thing...that guy (as much as I hate it)...just seems to have it!