• The KillerFrogs

Blocked FG

MadFrog

Did anyone else notice how high Mathis jumped when he blocked the FG vs WVU? He stood behind the line where the ball was to be kicked and jumped high and blocked it. Many times TCU just stands there on FG attempts. I have never seen any other team do that.

If your stated goal is to win by 1, I would think every 3 points is worth an attempt to block it. Especially when you have a guy that big who can jump that high. What does it hurt?

Rabidfrog

Did anyone else notice how high Mathis jumped when he blocked the FG vs WVU? He stood behind the line where the ball was to be kicked and jumped high and blocked it. Many times TCU just stands there on FG attempts. I have never seen any other team do that.

If your stated goal is to win by 1, I would think every 3 points is worth an attempt to block it. Especially when you have a guy that big who can jump that high. What does it hurt?
didn't Arkie block one of ours to win the game?

SwissArmyFrog

On the Game Broadcast, Denton mentioned that the WVA kicker has a really flat trajectory on his kicks, and that the Frogs should be able to block one. Likely a combination of observation, and execution. Rare for this Frog team...

Remember noticing that on WVU's first FG attempt. Also remember the same re: the Nevada kicker in their 2010 win vs. Boise State that sent us to the Rose Bowl - was very nervous right before his final kick!

smufrogger

Sadly Gary refuses to put a block rush on kicks 90% of the time. Watch Gary prior to kick- it’s easy to read his signal of don’t try and block.