• The KillerFrogs

Bizarre NCAA basketball news

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Anything involving the FBI and the Feds is a disaster. This isn't the NCAA. One lie is a felony. They have the man power and the resources to make this a disaster .

Only if you have broken the law. If these guys were squeaky clean, they would have nothing to worry about.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
Anything involving the FBI and the Feds is a disaster. This isn't the NCAA. One lie is a felony. They have the man power and the resources to make this a disaster .
Have you ever been investigated by Feds? For them to get this far in an investigation and it not go public is a testament to the great job the FBI does. Lying to the government should be a felony. Disagree?

Frog-in-law1995

FBI to college basketball:
Call us before we call you. The investigation is ongoing. We have your playbook.

Based on the Louisville model outlined by the Feds in their report, this "playbook" includes assistant coaches at Adidas-sponsored schools working behind the scenes with agents and Adidas to funnel money to high school players in order to influence their decision to sign with said Adidas school where the assistant coach will, at the appropriate time, steer that player towards signing with the agent and Adidas when they turn pro.

So it seems what we're looking for are Adidas schools who, perhaps surprisingly, successfully recruited a McDonald's All American who, upon later joining the NBA, signed a deal with Adidas.

Hmmm. Now where can we find one of those?

Oh, Hello:
https://thunderousintentions.com/2012/09/08/okc-thunder-rookie-perry-jones-iii-signs-with-adidas/

Last edited:

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Call us before we call you. The investigation is ongoing. We have your playbook.

Based on the Louisville model outlined by the Feds in their report, this "playbook" includes assistant coaches at Adidas-sponsored schools working behind the scenes with agents and Adidas to funnel money to high school players in order to influence their decision to sign with said Adidas school where the assistant coach will, at the appropriate time, steer that player towards signing with the agent and Adidas when they turn pro.

So it seems what we're looking for are Adidas schools who, perhaps surprisingly, successfully recruited a McDonald's All American who, upon later joining the NBA, signed a deal with Adidas.

Oh, Hello:
https://thunderousintentions.com/2012/09/08/okc-thunder-rookie-perry-jones-iii-signs-with-adidas/
Please please please let this be true.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs

Oh, Hello:

Wait, are you insinuating that it takes more than the intrinsic charm of the greater Waco area and the multicultural, multiethnic, broad-minded nature of the student body at BU to attract top-flight basketball talent to Baylor?

I'm shocked, I tell you. Shocked and chagrined.

Frog-in-law1995

Did y'all read the part of the complaint detailing the case against Lamont Evans (the OK State associate head coach)? Of the 59-page warrant, 37 or so pages are dedicated to the specific evidence they have against the 4 assistant coaches. His portion of that is about 27 pages. He's so darned.

Last edited:

Frog-in-law1995

I hope Johnston and Murphy, Keapa, and Sperry are cleared. For the sake of my bank account, I hope UGG, Michael Kors, Kenneth Cole, and Vince Camuto get busted.

I really need Josef Seibel and Margaritaville to come out of this unscathed. I'd be OK if Pitino owned half of Crocs, though.

This is just like steroids play by rules you have an unfair deficit against cheating teams. Football Basketball you name pay to play sucks when you don't do it, but finally maybe justice and fairness will rule again.

W

Way of the Frog

One of the Adidas officials named and charged came from Nike and was part of the grass roots organization Nike built into AAU basketball.

Not sure we are talking the bunch from Good Fellas here who understand the criminal code of silence or will have protection in jail/prison. It could be very interesting if he decides to share what he knows in regards to people like World Wide Wes, Sonny Vaccaro, and George Raveling.