• The KillerFrogs

Bill Snyder Retiring

TCUdirtbag

Leavitt, Venables, Bielema, Littrell are your names to watch.

3 new coaches is the league next year with Miles (KU), Wells (TTU), and ? (KSU). Still possible there could be a little more turnover if Riley gets/takes an NFL gig.

BABYFACE

3 new coaches is the league next year with Miles (KU), Wells (TTU), and ? (KSU). Still possible there could be a little more turnover if Riley gets/takes an NFL gig.
I don’t think Riley would leave OU at this point for the NFL, but who knows. 4 years at 6 million per year guaranteed contact might make one think if that was ever offered. Key being guaranteed contact. If I was in his shoes, stay at OU and the NFL.

TCUdirtbag

I don’t think Riley would leave OU at this point for the NFL, but who knows. 4 years at 6 million per year guaranteed contact might make one think if that was ever offered. Key being guaranteed contact. If I was in his shoes, stay at OU and the NFL.

If an NFL team offers him 4 years at 6 guaranteed, OU could/would match that in a heartbeat.

Eight

Lol.......Breaking news vs. Newly announced

this is one of the least breaking stories of the off season as snyder and kstate have been in a standoff over the future of the program.

the question was whether he would get his way or the ad would get his. don't know and really don't care, but this has been coming for quite awhile.

PO Frog

I don’t know what you mean when you say guaranteed, but all coaches are paid the full value of the full term of their contracts unless they are fired for cause, which does not mean poor performance. College or pro.

TechAdvisor

My vote is for Leavitt or Bielema. Don't think either are built to consistently compete in this conference.

CountryFrog

Money will not be the reason Riley goes to the NFL if he goes. I have no doubt that OU is willing and able to match any offer he'll get from NFL teams.

Some guys are competition-aholics and want to see how they perform on the biggest stage against the best of the best. Riley may very well be content being at the college level but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he has an itch in him that only the NFL can scratch. It won't be about money though because he's going to be a very rich man no matter what he decides.

YA

I don’t know what you mean when you say guaranteed, but all coaches are paid the full value of the full term of their contracts unless they are fired for cause, which does not mean poor performance. College or pro.
Lol. Nope. K are negotiated all the time. Want a recent example see les miles and LSU/ Kansas.

PO Frog

Lol. Nope. K are negotiated all the time. Want a recent example see les miles and LSU/ Kansas.
That example doesn’t even counter my point. Lol. Once again speaking out of school. Name one example in which a coach got terminated based on poor performance and didn’t have the option of getting paid. Les would have gotten paid if he wanted it, but he preferred to take a different job instead. You don’t know [ Finebaum ].

YA

That example doesn’t even counter my point. Lol. Once again speaking out of school. Name one example in which a coach got terminated based on poor performance and didn’t have the option of getting paid. Les would have gotten paid if he wanted it, but he preferred to take a different job instead. You don’t know [ steaming pile of Orgeron ].
You said paid in full. Les got his k with LSU negotiated down and wasn’t paid in full. Simple as that. You said it never happens and I gave you a recent example of not paying in full. You sound like a nice guy. Are you a police officer or just a pissed off all the time?

PO Frog

You said paid in full. Les got his k with LSU negotiated down and wasn’t paid in full. Simple as that. You said it never happens and I gave you a recent example of not paying in full. You sound like a nice guy. Are you a police officer or just a pissed off all the time?
He chose that you moron. The post was whether the contract was guaranteed. If he wanted the remaining 6.5 million at $133k per month, he could have had it. He wanted to coach again instead. I promise I know more about it than you.