• The KillerFrogs

Biggest pet peeve about passing game - WR rotation

robbroyy

I admittedly don’t watch all the games of every other team throughout the country, but my sampling tells me we have to be the only team that plays 9 WR per game.

I haven’t done a deep dive into plays run by each WR but I wonder if DCs are getting tells by which of the 9 WRs are in the game.

It can’t be because all 9 are equally good. It’s got to be more like none of the 9 are that great so let’s just rotate and keep fresh. I’d rather get a core 4-5 and let them develop. If you’re not good enough to be in the top 4-5 oh well.

Reagor
Barber
Stephens
Hunt
A Davis
D Davis
Hights
Wells (TE)
Lynn (TE)

Hope we are a more meritocracy group next year rather than let everyone getting a chance.

y2kFrog

I admittedly don’t watch all the games of every other team throughout the country, but my sampling tells me we have to be the only team that plays 9 WR per game.

I haven’t done a deep dive into plays run by each WR but I wonder if DCs are getting tells by which of the 9 WRs are in the game.

It can’t be because all 9 are equally good. It’s got to be more like none of the 9 are that great so let’s just rotate and keep fresh. I’d rather get a core 4-5 and let them develop. If you’re not good enough to be in the top 4-5 oh well.

Reagor
Barber
Stephens
Hunt
A Davis
D Davis
Hights
Wells (TE)
Lynn (TE)

Hope we are a more meritocracy group next year rather than let everyone getting a chance.

We actually didn’t rotate as much as we did in years past other than changing formations based on situations. Offense still sucked as bad as 2018 though.

4th. down

We actually didn’t rotate as much as we did in years past other than changing formations based on situations. Offense still sucked as bad as 2018 though.

Yes, with Meach it was a 3 ring circus with 12 rotating receivers and a lot of 5 wide - no bueno.

It's better now as mentioned but not good enough, ie., A Davis on the deep vertical down the left sideline late as Max dropped a dime right in his hands. Should have been Reagor or Taye - no critical thinking and we've seen too much of that. Either Sonny has to go or we need a passing game CO that calls all the passing downs and the receivers THAT HE WANTS ON THE FIELD TO MAKE THE PLAY WORK.

TheFDN

I think the go route, with our bowl berth on the line, to a receiver who has one catch on the season pretty much sums up everything that is wrong with our wide receiver rotation. And our offensive philosophy for that matter.