• The KillerFrogs

Big XII Baseball Tournament

ThisIsOurTime

Throwing Lodolo and wymer for on batter didn’t need to happen

The match up in college baseball has been shown to be statistically insignificant over and over vs the bit pitcher

And yes I realize if we played in another park it wouldn’t have mattered

I am not a fan of situational pitching either. Perhaps this game will be the game that convinces Coach to adjust his strategies. But on another night with our typical team, his calls might have been the right decision. I just don't like us taking out pitchers when they are hot to bring in a new pitcher for a situational matchup like we did with Eissler today.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I would hope that the humans on the selection committee watched this game and the others, and observed the relative equality of the two finalists and their superior play versus the other 6 teams going.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I guess now is as good a time as any to mention that I DESPISE changing pitchers solely on lefty-righty matchups. I wish none of the teams I follow would use that antiquated strategy.

PurpleBlood87

I am not a fan of situational pitching either. Perhaps this game will be the game that convinces Coach to adjust his strategies. But on another night with our typical team, his calls might have been the right decision. I just don't like us taking out pitchers when they are hot to bring in a new pitcher for situational matchup like we did with Eissler today.

You can say that but guess what it worked. Lodolo and Wymer each got the outs they were supposed to get. It's doubtful those two were going to face many batters. One pitched Wednesday and the other pitched Thursday.

FrogsMcGee

Mismanaged bullpen. Earlier in the game and then cant leave him in after that wildly missed strike zone over and over again. Gotta bring in someone, anyone.

Pharm Frog

We may be celebrating a win but I don't think anybody would have been calling the management of the pitchers glorious. I for one would have felt super lucky, like I had just whistled through a graveyard.

I would have. My only wonder is whether NL could have gone two innings to start. But from the way things played out I think the answer is no.

Zubaz

Seems they were in a dangerous spot to tie the game, and the pitching changes got us out of that jam. You don't hold that back because you MIGHT seesee unfortunate plays an inning later that forces extras.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Didn't Henderson come in and shut down a game in an unexpected situation earlier in the year? Why not use him? Anytime, but especially when Boyle or anyone else for that matter can't throw a damn strike?