Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
crickets GIF
Awkward Fran Healy GIF by Travis
<Big XII director of officials.

Last edited:

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I imagine that the Conference Offices received a Howler* from ADJD's desk this morning, just like they did last week.

One would hope that ADJD hired Anton Chigurh*(2) to deliver the latest missive...

*See Lore of Harry Potter for Howler

*(2) See: No Country For Old Men villian lore.

Bob Sugar

Exactly this. You expect some oversights on timing/judgment calls like PI, but blowing whistles based on anticipated-but-unseen behavior is failing officiating 101. Egregious.
Here's the real rub on why it was clearly a BS call. https://rulebook.github.io/en/interpretations/rules/6/

"Approved Ruling 6-5-2​

III. Punt receiver B22 gives an invalid fair catch signal by a brief flick of his upraised hand. He catches the ball at the B-35 and sprints to the B-40 where he is tackled. RULING: The ball is dead where caught. Foul for delay of game by B22; five-yard penalty from the dead-ball spot. No foul by the tackler, as clearly B22 gave the appearance of being a ball carrier. First and 10 for Team B at the B-30."

If the ref really thought he gave a fair catch signal and then ran, he should have flagged DD for 5 yards for a delay of game. He didn't because he's a terrible ref.

Zubaz

Josh Boyce or Brandon Carter. Can't remember who. WVU game maybe?
It was 2013 vs. Tech. Called back a PR touchdown.
TCUfaircatch_medium.gif

That one wasn't even as bad because at least Carter actually did *something* that you could argue was a fair catch signal, even if it wasn't. I have no idea what the refs thought they saw on last week's whistle because Davis didn't do a thing to indicate it was a fair catch.

Oh well, we scored a few plays later so it all worked out.