• The KillerFrogs

Big XII actively considering BYU

right now, who knows in the future and there is no need to rush into any type of decision until the big 12 gets a clearer picture about what OUT is willing to pay to get out of the conference early
Agree that is the first step. And that could take some time. But I think the league needs to be ready to expand as soon as that is resolved so that the league has 10 teams to keep the TV contract intact.

FrogCoach84

BYU, UCF, Cincy and Houston make sense. If WVU should bolt you add USF as UCF’s EST zone partner.

If anyone else is able to bolt for a P5 conference then this thing is dead anyway…if it isn’t already.

Boise and SMU don’t bring enough to the table to make any sense to me. I would look to Memphis before either of those two.

They will have to expand in the next couple of years to survive. Just the reality of it all.
PAC-12 has it's issues, but expansion with leftover Big 12 schools doesn't really solve them, unfortunately. Who knows what happens in the distant future- things can and will change- but in the immediate future the remaining 8 have to make do with the cards dealt.

froglash88

Hey
At least the conference killers have media that supports them and whines when they lose (TCU won on an illegal pick play, that’s So unfair) They are the Anti-Muck.

If the 25 year olds bring the numbers, bring them in for football only. I guess we can read their rags for entertainment.

CountryFrog

They will have to expand in the next couple of years to survive. Just the reality of it all.
I don't think the PAC 12 controls its own destiny at this point. If the Big 10 or SEC decide they want USC, Oregon, or anyone else in the PAC then the conference will die. And if those conferences don't want any of those teams then there's no need for the PAC to do anything in the near future.

BYU Sports Nation on BYUtv today was ALL over it - calling the last 14 hours as the most consequential in BYU sports history. Their unscientific poll was 77% in favor of joining the Big 12 and 23% in favor of staying independent.

I'm in the process of gradually accepting the fact that we're once again going to be mates with those conference killers. If past is prologue, they'll be great fans and everything will be hunky dory for 2-5 years and they'll then turn on a dime and start undermining the conference at every turn over some minor issue. But they're certainly controversial and controversy generates interest and sells.

The difference this time is that they're sitting at the kids table.

JogginFrog

I have been to every byu/TCU game in provo and enjoyed it. Stay in Park City and head over to the game. Easily done and staying in Park City is like being in another world compared to creepiness that is SLC.

Spent a couple of weeks in Utah years ago; client was a Catholic school. Driving through SLC, I noticed a Chinese restaurant on nearly every block. Asked the client, "Why so many Chinese in SLC?" He answered, "Same reason we Catholics are here."

He enjoyed my confused expression, then explained that when the golden spike was driven at Promontory Point, all of the Chinese railroad crews working from the west were immediately laid off, as were Irish Catholic crews working from the east. Many stayed on to work the mines around Park City...and eventually to open schools and restaurants.

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
Clearly I’m in the minority, I like the move to add BYU from pretty much all standpoints. Let’s grab the best football programs we can get and roll with the remaining 8

Putt4Purple

BYU, UCF, Cincy and Houston make sense. If WVU should bolt you add USF as UCF’s EST zone partner.

If anyone else is able to bolt for a P5 conference then this thing is dead anyway…if it isn’t already.

Boise and SMU don’t bring enough to the table to make any sense to me. I would look to Memphis before either of those two.

Good Lord! Houston adds nothing and detracts the Big 12. Houstonians will not watch the Cougars when UT, T A&M, LSU, OU, and other alumni who live in Houston and could care less about supporting UH when their teams are playing the same time and or day. The other three I agree with. Add Colorado St. Then you have a conference.

Paul in uhh

If you care about fan base size and competitive programs then yes BYU is an add. Not a great fit culturally or geographically but TV eyeballs drives the decisions.

if you’re adding teams from outside TX I think that’s recruiting should be considered. TCU needs to play in markets where our recruits are.

Frog-O-Rama

I freakin love BYU...loved them since they beat SMU with a last second hail mary in a bowl game in 198whatever.

Their teams are competitive, the schools cares about sports, their fan base is passionate and shows up with 6 kids to every game.

BYU + UCF keeps the Big 12/10/whatever a Power 5...
1984 Holiday Bowl