• The KillerFrogs

[big steaming pile] favors moving Rangers to Dallas!

TCUdirtbag

frognutz said:
How many other teams are building brand new baseball parks in the middle of nowhere?  I'll hang up and listen.
Well, the Atlanta braves and Los Angeles rams come to mind in like 2 seconds. I'm certain there are more.

Frog-in-law1995

Should move between 121 and Great Wolf Lodge, just south of 26, in Grapevine. Lots of highways to get traffic out and Grapevine is already in on mass transit.

Frozen Frog

TCUdirtbag said:
I do wish the rangers would've explored moving to downtown Dallas or downtown Fort Worth.

This move was a preemptive strike by Arlington.  There were rumors of the Rangers being in talks with Dallas which triggered Arlington to make this move.  I think much of this move is based on the age of the Rangers' owners.  They know they will make up their costs and more for the stadium when they sell the team in a few years.

Klaw

Volare said:

Give me a break. There are more season ticket holders in Tarrant County than Dallas County.
Your point illustrates why it needs to be in Dallas. More people, corporations and money. They are leaving to much $ and franchise value by being in Arlington.

On a random Wednesday, the game will draw more in downtown Dallas than in Arlington because businessmen in downtown and uptown can easily take their clients to games and families can either ride TRE or Dart to the games.

Being in Arlington make no business sense now

BABYFACE

Klaw said:
Arlington is honestly the worst place to put a stadium. No mass transit and it sucks driving there.

I think it should be moved to the former reunion arena property. Easy access by Dart and TRE and the majority of the metro area lives on the Dallas side.

The AA has done well because of this.

Tarrant county just doesn't deserve it
Umm, no. The majority of ticket sales do not come from Dallas.

As much as I would love to go to a Rangers game in FTW, Arlington is a good location.

I don't think the Rangers need a new ballpark either. The Ballpark is only two decades old and a very nice facility. I am for letting them shop their team around and see who will build them a retractable roof stadium. I think the Rangers will be shocked on the lack of knocks on their door. Arlington is bidding against itself IMO.

P

purplePPO

The only posters on this board who say the Rangers should be in Dallas live in the Northern suburbs of Dallas or eastward. It's the entitlement mentally as usual from people who live east of Arlington. (Ft. Worth and Tarrant county? Ahhh them.) I might be wrong but you hardly ever hear people west of Arlington demanding the Rangers be in Ft. Worth. FYI, there is big Corp. money in Ft. Worth too!! Go Frogs!

frognutz

purplePPO said:
The only posters on this board who say the Rangers should be in Dallas live in the Northern suburbs of Dallas or eastward. It's the entitlement mentally as usual from people who live east of Arlington. (Ft. Worth and Tarrant county? Ahhh I might be wrong but you hardly ever hear people west of Arlington demanding the Rangers be in Ft. Worth. FYI, there is big Corp. money in Ft. Worth too!! Go Frogs!

West of Ft. Worth there are cows, llamas, and rocks.  East and North East of Dallas there are people.

61360-there-best-way-determine-comparative-city-dfw.jpg

P

purplePPO

frognutz said:

West of Ft. Worth there are cows, llamas, and rocks.  East and North East of Dallas there are people.

61360-there-best-way-determine-comparative-city-dfw.jpg
I guess Jerry Jones and the Cowboys are smart enough to be with the cows, llamas and rocks. Just saying!

frognutz

purplePPO said:
I guess Jerry Jones and the Cowboys are smart enough to be with the cows, llamas and rocks. Just saying!

Look, I don't really care, but there is a big difference between 8 home games a year and 80.

P

purplePPO

frognutz said:
Oh you care! I will not go through the projected number differences between Dallas and Arlington, you can do that since you care, but I do know the Rangers have drawn millions each year with the cows, llamas and rocks.

Look, I don't really care, but there is a big difference between 8 home games a year and 80.