• The KillerFrogs

"Big Game" Gary Patterson: a big stat

SnoSki

Heard this from brian estridge:

Under the watch of Patterson, TCU is 4-1 against teams ranked in the top 5.

If I recall correctly, he said all 5 games have been away.

halfwaytoheaven

I think those are the only five against top-five teams under Patterson. UT was 7 in '07 when we played them. Wait, what was Nebraska in '01?

Yeah, Nebraska was 4 when we lost to them in '01. So, 4-2 under Patterson, 4-1 in the last five. Unless there's another game against a top-five foe I'm forgetting.

Deep Purple

Yeah, Nebraska was 4 when we lost to them in '01. So, 4-2 under Patterson, 4-1 in the last five. Unless there's another game against a top-five foe I'm forgetting.
If you count this season in the total, the 2001 Nebraska game was 11 seasons ago, not 10. Obviously Estridge was counting this season in the total, since he included it in the win column. So Estridge's statement was correct.

halfwaytoheaven

If you count this season in the total, the 2001 Nebraska game was 11 seasons ago, not 10. Obviously Estridge was counting this season in the total, since he included it in the win column. So Estridge's statement was correct.

I didn't hear Estridge, I was just going by what it said in the OP. But all-time under Patterson, 4-2 against top five? Did I miss one?