• The KillerFrogs

Big East might still come after TCU?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(Duquesne Frog @ Jun 10 2010, 12:48 PM) [snapback]573863[/snapback]
But loyalty is for suckers when it comes to college football. We should have learned that lesson well by now.

Amen to that ...

QUOTE(Duquesne Frog @ Jun 10 2010, 01:48 PM) [snapback]573863[/snapback]
See the Pac 16 fall through and Utah get an invite West and how far that cohesion and loyalty lasts. As things stand now, I'd be generally opposed to jumping to the Big East. But loyalty is for suckers when it comes to college football. We should have learned that lesson well by now.
I'm not opposed to adding ISU. I am opposed to adding Baylor. Call me a hypocrite ...

There are a lot worse things than being a hypocrite.

Like being a Baylor fan.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(gohornedfrogs @ Jun 10 2010, 01:44 PM) [snapback]573960[/snapback]
There are a lot worse things than being a hypocrite.

Like being a Baylor fan.

Isn't that redundant and saying the same thing twice an repeating yourself and......

QUOTE(RSF @ Jun 10 2010, 02:47 PM) [snapback]573963[/snapback]
Isn't that redundant and saying the same thing twice an repeating yourself and......

Exactly.

micahjh

The only strategy that makes sense is for us to continue to talk with the rest of the MWC about adding teams to get to AQ, status, while we wait for the phone call from the SEC. If the SEC does call, then we jump ship. But that is the only thing that should divert our attention from staying in the MWC and building it up to AQ status. The Big East should not seriously enter the equation. If they call, talk to em about how it would have been fun to clobber Cincy, but we are staying put (until the SEC calls).

party frog

The BE is in the back yard of ESPN. The exposure would be huge for the school. The chancellor thinks of sports as a great marketing scheme for TCU on top of a great way to for alumni to stay connected.

Win a few games and TCU would be come ESPN's media darling. Just look at Rutgers and Uconn. Not great teams but ESPN treats them like they are USC when they string a few wins together. It's all about the BE being centered in the NE.

The national exposure would be huge...

But, as a fan I would prefer we stay in the MWC plus KU, KSU, MU, and BSU.

Dogfrog

QUOTE(party frog @ Jun 10 2010, 02:06 PM) [snapback]573998[/snapback]
The BE is in the back yard of ESPN. The exposure would be huge for the school. The chancellor thinks of sports as a great marketing scheme for TCU on top of a great way to for alumni to stay connected.

Win a few games and TCU would be come ESPN's media darling. Just look at Rutgers and Uconn. Not great teams but ESPN treats them like they are USC when they string a few wins together. It's all about the BE being centered in the NE.

The national exposure would be huge...
But, as a fan I would prefer we stay in the MWC plus KU, KSU, MU, and BSU.

The Big East MADE espn, and espn will never forget.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
QUOTE(Tio Rana @ Jun 10 2010, 01:59 PM) [snapback]573985[/snapback]
The only strategy that makes sense is for us to continue to talk with the rest of the MWC about adding teams to get to AQ, status, while we wait for the phone call from the SEC. If the SEC does call, then we jump ship. But that is the only thing that should divert our attention from staying in the MWC and building it up to AQ status. The Big East should not seriously enter the equation. If they call, talk to em about how it would have been fun to clobber Cincy, but we are staying put (until the SEC calls).

Well put, my feelings exactly.

Frog DJ

I think the MWC is a pretty good place to be, right now.

Certainly better than Lawrence - Manhattan - Columbia, Waco, et al.

TCU should remain loyal to the MWC...unless Tio Rana is right - then we should bolt for the SEC!

Go Frogs!